Post Game: Preseason Game 1, GB 36 Bungles 19

Backup OL lookd rough but I think part of that is they kept moving guys all around all the time perhaps they need to let a group of guys just get settled in there instead of playing musical chairs with them.

I almost forgot.....I am now convinced after drafting shankopotamus Carlson that Gute and the gang rolled out the Jagermeister before that pick and were pickled when they did it. drunk
If you are Crosby and asked to come back to you just say naw screw you I'm retired enjoy the boy you drafted to replace me.

Love looked good. He was hitting his receivers in stride. Seemed to be seeing the entire field pretty well. Clifford made one huge mistake. The second INT could have been prevented. Kraft should have turned himself into a defender, to insure the defender couldn't hang onto the ball. I think he'll toughen up from it. But, by and large, I was impressed with what Clifford brought to the table for his very first NFL action. He has good touch on the ball.

The battle for the #3 RB spot has heated up Goodson is also a return guy so that gives him a leg up. Wilson has good vision, runs downhill, and isn't exactly slow. That was a nice jaunt down the sidelines, after turning it out when he did.

We have a great punter. We're in serious trouble with Carlson I'm afraid. I think it's gotten into his head that he can't cut it, and if that happens, it's all over. Two missed extra points. When Crosby missed two kicks in a game, people wanted to string him up, even though he'd had a lot of good games too. Carlson hasn't.

Van Ness has to learn that when you have outside containment that's your job. He'll get it. He looked strong out there. Gonna be a good "bully." That's what I always liked about Matthews. He could bully guys.

These are all first reviews. It could all change in week #2. It's preseason.

If you are Crosby and asked to come back to you just say naw screw you I'm retired enjoy the boy you drafted to replace me.
Between you and I and the fence post, he'd return to the Packers, but he would get a healthy chunk of change for it. Probably want a 2 year deal, where the second could be voided for the right price. Just a guess here.

I thought Love played just ok. He had some throws he was late on and he missed a wide open Musgrave. It's the same as in practice. The good with the bad. No INTs though which is a positive.

Having said that, he just needs to play. Hopefully he continues to improve. I am looking for a little more next preseason game.

I thought Love played just ok. He had some throws he was late on and he missed a wide open Musgrave. It's the same as in practice. The good with the bad. No INTs though which is a positive.

Having said that, he just needs to play. Hopefully he continues to improve. I am looking for a little more next preseason game.
That's it in a nutshell he needs reps, honestly if our OL had better depth you could play him longer.

Back