Post game Packers Shut Out Seahawks 17-0

Dillon was great. Stokes, back from injury, played solid and broke up a few passes. Injuries to both Jones and Gary don't appear to be as bad as they initially looked. Kevin King had a solid game on Defense. We are without Jaire, yet, and our secondary looks top notch. Amos had an INT and could have had two more! We win, again! Nice to see MVS back in the mix!

STs, especially our FG unit, needs work. Gotta be Bojorquez's holding for Crosby.
I really want to believe in the Packers D but it's kind of like a bad relationship where no matter how they seem in the present the past makes me think they will break my heart in the end.

Here's hoping Mercilus didn't suffer a major injury. He has been a godsend rotational rush guy. He is constantly getting pressure. Looks like major bullets, in the early going pre-tests, dodged for Gary and Jonesy.

That first FG appeared to be all on Mason. Quick and perfect snap. Good quick hold, laces out. Just a shank. Mason is back in one of those classic Mason funks it would appear after his blocking unit and snap/hold unit was letting him down for weeks. Wooof. Not a good development.

I still don't like a single thing I see in the play sequencing. Petals is out of synch. What I predominantly see is a Coach and QB entirely infatuated with their passing designs and creativity. What does this lead to? Stupid stuff like 2 Shotgun handoffs on 3rd and short. You can't have that. I haven't liked the flow of this offense all season and it continues after another victory. Their best football might be ahead of them. But, it might just be a season where they can't get the offense going. They need to find the will to commit to a run game that can dominate. I just don't see them doing that. It's all so patchy.

I can't believe it's the Defense at the halfway plus mark that is the glue of this Team. BUT, it is definitely the defense that has pushed this team. What a wild season.

Here's hoping Mercilus didn't suffer a major injury. He has been a godsend rotational rush guy. He is constantly getting pressure. Looks like major bullets, in the early going pre-tests, dodged for Gary and Jonesy.

That first FG appeared to be all on Mason. Quick and perfect snap. Good quick hold, laces out. Just a shank. Mason is back in one of those classic Mason funks it would appear after his blocking unit and snap/hold unit was letting him down for weeks. Wooof. Not a good development.

I still don't like a single thing I see in the play sequencing. Petals is out of synch. What I predominantly see is a Coach and QB entirely infatuated with their passing designs and creativity. What does this lead to? Stupid stuff like 2 Shotgun handoffs on 3rd and short. You can't have that. I haven't liked the flow of this offense all season and it continues after another victory. Their best football might be ahead of them. But, it might just be a season where they can't get the offense going. They need to find the will to commit to a run game that can dominate. I just don't see them doing that. It's all so patchy.

I can't believe it's the Defense at the halfway plus mark that is the glue of this Team. BUT, it is definitely the defense that has pushed this team. What a wild season.
I think there are some things in the passing game they can't get fully into yet because their O-line play has been inconsistent - hopefully getting #69 back on the field and allowing Jenkins to slide over to LG soon really solidifies them in pass pro, so RBs and TEs can get out on routes as well.

The loss of Tonyan stings, seemed like he was just getting back into a groove when he went down. Also, injuries in general have been a much bigger issue this season than the previous two. And it's also interesting seeing the difference in this offense inside the red zone under MLF really struggle playing games in stadiums with capacity crowds (2019, 2021) and the COVID year with nobody in the stands when zero noise allowed the offense to communicate anything they wanted to easily in terms of audibles/blocking assignments/playcalls and just dominate inside the red zone.

I really want to believe in the Packers D but it's kind of like a bad relationship where no matter how they seem in the present the past makes me think they will break my heart in the end.
As well as the Packers Def looked yesterday. We also have to admit that Wilson missed a lot of open guys. Wilson wasn't close to 100%. A lot of under thrown balls that were broken up when WR had beaten coverage.

As well as the Packers Def looked yesterday. We also have to admit that Wilson missed a lot of open guys. Wilson wasn't close to 100%. A lot of under thrown balls that were broken up when WR had beaten coverage.
Kylar Murray, Mahomes, Russell Wilson. In a row, iirc this defense allowrd 53% completions, 1 TD, 4 INT.

Much better than I'd have predicted at the beginning of the year. To me, the D has been pretty consistent. They get stops when we need them, not to jinx.

I think there are some things in the passing game they can't get fully into yet because their O-line play has been inconsistent - hopefully getting #69 back on the field and allowing Jenkins to slide over to LG soon really solidifies them in pass pro, so RBs and TEs can get out on routes as well.

The loss of Tonyan stings, seemed like he was just getting back into a groove when he went down. Also, injuries in general have been a much bigger issue this season than the previous two. And it's also interesting seeing the difference in this offense inside the red zone under MLF really struggle playing games in stadiums with capacity crowds (2019, 2021) and the COVID year with nobody in the stands when zero noise allowed the offense to communicate anything they wanted to easily in terms of audibles/blocking assignments/playcalls and just dominate inside the red zone.
DeGuara needs to step up. Whether it's learning the playbook or gaining Aaron's confidence, dude needs to figure it out.

Anyone hear about making Amari the #3 RB? Might get him into the offense.

Sounds like Mercilus is done for the year.

Packers should look into signing former Packer Delontae Scott off the Pittsburgh practice squad.
It’s about all their salary cap can afford at this point

Back