Jenkins - poor blocking
Watson 1 catch for 8 yards
TE’s - one play all day
Campbell - invisible
Walker - washed out of too many plays
D line- Zappe can’t beat you, stop the run
2nd half defense - NE moved the ball at will
Coverage special teams - too much return yardage

It was almost a blessing for NE that their TE got hurt and they only had 2 dressed. It forced them to play 6 o-lineman, which we had no answer for. The run defense did not improve and our ST less punting is just okay. Sometimes.

Rodgers and those WR are putrid right now. We need to be a run first team to have a chance long term I think.

I like our depth at S nowadays. Ford and Abernathy, I like these guys behind Savage and Amos.

Jenkins is still working on getting back up to speed. His footwork is slow, and cumbersome. That rust will disappear. Rodgers is tentative about making a lot of throws. At the same time, when he lets 'er loose, good things can happen. Bad as well, but not nearly as often as good.

Doubs needs to work on his hands. He needs to hang onto the ball. I think he will, and when he does, he's gonna be one helluva handful to handle for defenders. I liked how Watson played. He's showing some good signs too, and he's fast!

Our defense? I'll let Mark dissect that. I wasn't impressed. But, I wasn't impressed with our offense either.

This team seems to like to play up to or down to the level of the opposition.

Packers DL has been greatly over hyped this pre-season. NE OL is no world beaters but yet GB got their butt's handed to them as there were plenty of big runs against them on Sunday. Right now GB ranks 22nd in the NFL in rushing defense giving up 126.8 yards a game.

There is not a whole lot of good you can say about this game but here are some of the things I saw:

Rodgers- He played really crappy in the first half. It looked like the Patriots were playing tight man to man after the first drive. We are going to struggle with man to man all year since we have these young WR's. If I were defenses, that is what I would play. We had some big drives in the 2nd half because we ran the ball well and then were able to get a few deeper balls down the field.

Jenkins- I just do not understand why they can't put Nijman in at RT and put Jenkins in at RG. Nijman has done everything asked of him and has played well but he continues to get shoves aside so Newman can play RG and Jenkins can play RT.

Defensive Line- This line has not changed. They continue to get shoved around on a consistent basis against the run. Lowry is useless IMO and Slaton is not much better. Jaron Reed will show up on a play and then get killed on other plays. Until they show teams they can stop the run, teams will be running 25-30 times per game. (And should do so)

Jonesy- He is killing it right now. They have to get him the ball on a consistent basis. The worry is if he ever gets injured for a longer period of time this offense will be in deep trouble.

Doubs & Watson- Doubs is coming into his own, he just needs to stop making the mistakes here and there. He has speed and runs routes well. Has a good feel for the game it seems. Watson looks like he may be starting to come around but just needs more playing time. You can see he has the physical tools. I am excited about these two in the future. Hopefully by mid-year we will be seeing some things out of both of them because let's be honest, Watkins and Cobb are too old to be consistent. These two have the speed and athletic ability we need to drive this offense forward.

Our defense? I'll let Mark dissect that. I wasn't impressed.
Joe Barry is who he is. He prefers zone to man and that loosey-goosey front. Devonte Wyatt was supposed to be a 1st round impact guy and that hasn't happened. Basically the same front as last yr.

Not going to lie they may have a couple of super games but for the most part, expect more of the same.

Joe Barry is who he is. He prefers zone to man and that loosey-goosey front. Devonte Wyatt was supposed to be a 1st round impact guy and that hasn't happened. Basically the same front as last yr.

Not going to lie they may have a couple of super games but for the most part, expect more of the same.
It's pretty much what the Rams D would be without Donald, isn't it?

I'm no expert but I think when the opposing team's main gameplan against your D is "run it straight ahead because these guys are soft", you got big problems.

Back