Post Game Packers fall 24-21 to San Fran

I think we end up with a new ST coach, and a long look at our long snapper and kicker. When you lead the NFL in missed kicks, that's not a good stat, and when you skip the most important snaps you have during an entire season on the ground, it's not acceptable. There will be competition for both jobs. I give credit to our holder/punter, who was even able to corral those snaps and get the ball placed. On the last one, I'm not even certain if Carlson actually kicked the ball, or the ball and the holder's hand.

If you watch those two kicks closely, the holder's hand was barely above the sweet spot at best. He had to be hit because of it.

I think we end up with a new ST coach, and a long look at our long snapper and kicker. When you lead the NFL in missed kicks, that's not a good stat, and when you skip the most important snaps you have during an entire season on the ground, it's not acceptable. There will be competition for both jobs. I give credit to our holder/punter, who was even able to corral those snaps and get the ball placed. On the last one, I'm not even certain if Carlson actually kicked the ball, or the ball and the holder's hand.

If you watch those two kicks closely, the holder's hand was barely above the sweet spot at best. He had to be hit because of it.
I think you're right. It has to be looked at an evaluated and upgraded if need be.

I’d be shocked if they move on from Rich B. I think everyone is pretty much safe now…

anything i type here would just be regurgitating stuff that has already been said multiple times in this thread, so i'll just post this tweet as another factor (but not necessarily the biggest factor in the loss. but before i do, allow me to say thank you green bay packers for a wonderful season that exceeded all of my expectations.

anything i type here would just be regurgitating stuff that has already been said multiple times in this thread, so i'll just post this tweet as another factor (but not necessarily the biggest factor in the loss. but before i do, allow me to say thank you green bay packers for a wonderful season that exceeded all of my expectations.

He moved outside the tackle box. It was a legitimate throw-away. It went well past the line of scrimmage. #71 was their left tackle, and if you do stop action and look, he was outside his initial alignment at the LOS.

He moved outside the tackle box. It was a legitimate throw-away. It went well past the line of scrimmage.
disagree. look at where the ball was before it was snapped and where the right tackle was lined up. he never got past where the right tackle was before he turned around, he never got past where the left tackle was lined up when the ball was snapped, and he was clearly inside the tackle box when he actually threw the ball.

but, as i said, it wasn't the biggest factor in the loss. but everyone else has already thoroughly covered the other factors.

He moved outside the tackle box. It was a legitimate throw-away. It went well past the line of scrimmage. #71 was their left tackle, and if you do stop action and look, he was outside his initial alignment at the LOS.
He wasnt outside the tackle box on that left side, but was thrown way past the line of scrimmage. #71 is slightly right of center of the midfield logo, Purdy was in the right 1/3 of the logo when he the the pass. It was close but still inside the tackle box. I dont think I ever saw a thrown down field like that called intentional grounding though either.

He wasnt outside the tackle box on that left side, but was thrown way past the line of scrimmage.
you have to be outside the tackle box and throw it past the line of scrimmage. some have made the argument that it was an "anticipation throw" as if somebody ran the wrong route, but that is not the rule and it isn't the way the refs have been calling it all year.

#71 was split farther to the left than his "normal position," which is right next to the guard. The outside of the tackle box is the position of essentially his "left shoulder" if he was aligned close to the guard. Since he wasn't, the tackle box doesn't move outside with him, it stays where it normally would be, had he played tight. I'd imagine, that just like a forward pass, where it would only be a violation if you were "totally" inside the box, and if you have one foot out, you're okay.

If it would have been called the opposite way, rest assured it would have been reversed.

#71 was split farther to the left than his "normal position," which is right next to the guard. The outside of the tackle box is the position of essentially his "left shoulder" if he was aligned close to the guard. Since he wasn't, the tackle box doesn't move outside with him, it stays where it normally would be, had he played tight. I'd imagine, that just like a forward pass, where it would only be a violation if you were "totally" inside the box, and if you have one foot out, you're okay.

If it would have been called the opposite way, rest assured it would have been reversed.
i guess, we will agree to disagree. not one person in that twitter thread - including 49ers fans - thought he was outside the tackle box.

Back