Post Game Packers fall 24-21 to San Fran

There’s no such thing as being careful financially with QBs. You either commit or move on. Your guy is either a $50m per year guy or you’re replacing him. Just the way it is.
I know. It's just hard for me to wrap my head around I guy who I think is very good getting money like he is excellent.

I know. It's just hard for me to wrap my head around I guy who I think is very good getting money like he is excellent.
His play at the end of the season - 4th quarter of this game notwithstanding - was beyond excellent. It was MVP level stuff. That said, all the games count, even the crummy ones. Can’t pretend they didn’t happen. They have to think about his development, can he do it consistently. The contract is a bet - a bet on him and on themselves to get the most out of him.

Just a shame. Hell of a game, hell of a season. Not quite enough offense to get the job done. Hate losing to the arrogant Niners, but it is what it is - they are loaded with veterans on both sides of the ball and it showed at the end when it counted. Really looking forward to next season.

Love's progress this year was amazing. The only throw today that was just plain bad was his last one. As the announcers said, it wasn't a do-or-die situation so no reason to make that foolish throw. Other than that, he played about as well as he could have.

The future looks bright. On to the draft.

His play at the end of the season - 4th quarter of this game notwithstanding - was beyond excellent. It was MVP level stuff. That said, all the games count, even the crummy ones. Can’t pretend they didn’t happen. They have to think about his development, can he do it consistently. The contract is a bet - a bet on him and on themselves to get the most out of him.
I agree you pay him or don’t. And you pay Love. Favre threw an awful lot of bad INTs. Arod didn’t, but the results were largely the same.

You take the bad with the good, there is no perfect QB.

Love had a good game until late. He may have gotten rattled. Who wouldn't? It was his first time on that stage. He won't get rattled next time. He's a quick learner.
It is often harder to play with small lead than it is to play from behind.

Back