Post Game: Lions Beat the Packers 34-20

From a retired ruggers perspective:

Bull Shit on the tired legs.

There is no excuse. These modern players have available:

1) The best nutrition
2) The best recovery - hot tubs, cold tubs, massages, trainer / Healthcare for bumps and bruises
3) tons of recovery time
4) supposedly the best scientific training

They had plenty of energy to dance if they tied their shoelaces correctly.

If they had tired legs, they have no heart and seriously just don't have the necessary toughness to be a pro football player.

However, I believe the biggest problem the Pack has is between the players ears. I don't think they are well coached - at tge very least the assignments are not being coached in a manner that the players understand. I think they frequently look slow - the tired leg thing - because they don't instinctively know their jobs and are thinking about what they are supposed to do instead of automatically doing it.

The Rugby World Cup teams are playing between 3 - 5 days.

So much was going to change this year without the impediment of He Who Shall Not Be Mentioned, but little has - except excuses.

The Pack needs an ass chewing (they get their asses kicked on game day) more than 1 ass chewing. Nice guy ain't getting it done.

Look there is a ton of blame to go around after last night but we can't win consistently when the supporting cast is UDFA and cast-offs from the PS. If that's the way Gutes going to play it you'll see more of this all year.
For sure a bunch of 3rd string DB aren't going to cut it. Jaire needs to play and they need to get what's his name off PUP. I think Berry plays more zone then he likes because he doesn't have the horses to play press man.

From a retired ruggers perspective:

Bull Shit on the tired legs.

There is no excuse. These modern players have available:

1) The best nutrition
2) The best recovery - hot tubs, cold tubs, massages, trainer / Healthcare for bumps and bruises
3) tons of recovery time
4) supposedly the best scientific training

They had plenty of energy to dance if they tied their shoelaces correctly.

If they had tired legs, they have no heart and seriously just don't have the necessary toughness to be a pro football player.

However, I believe the biggest problem the Pack has is between the players ears. I don't think they are well coached - at tge very least the assignments are not being coached in a manner that the players understand. I think they frequently look slow - the tired leg thing - because they don't instinctively know their jobs and are thinking about what they are supposed to do instead of automatically doing it.

The Rugby World Cup teams are playing between 3 - 5 days.

So much was going to change this year without the impediment of He Who Shall Not Be Mentioned, but little has - except excuses.

The Pack needs an ass chewing (they get their asses kicked on game day) more than 1 ass chewing. Nice guy ain't getting it done.
A. It is a thing..it was as much a thing to have tired legs in 1985 as it was last night.
B. We aren't playing rugby
C. Get it right between your wrinkled ass cheeks it's not 1967 and the NFL, College all levels don't run like that anymore. By rule, they don't even do two a days any longer. So your point with all due respect is not valid.

@TomSilverstein
·
4m

LaFleur said they have to change some aspects of the scheme on defense to make sure they're doing enough to stop the run. "You have to look at different ways to do things," he said. He said they may have to figure out better ways to use their personnel.

@TomSilverstein

LaFleur said everything is on the table with the offensive line, including changes in the lineup. But he said they have to figure out how to put their players in successful positions.

because they have better depth...this is a young not very deep FB team. My goodness we talked about this all through OTA and camp... that anykind of injury bug would force what you saw last night.

You had guys who played 72 snaps last Sunday and they played 70 to 50 3.5 days later. No way man. Tired legs
man, i'm not trying to argue with you. i fully understand that you have a lot more knowledge and experience with the game of football than i do. but when i posted my question, i had just read 57packer's post where he said this:

Last night there was some discussion about the team being tired and it was explained as a short week with a lot of snaps and not much use of depth and this was different than the Lions. Made sense at the time. Yes, I think they did have tired legs but why not Detroit seemingly being slowed down at all. So I looked up last Sunday's game logs. Detroit played more defensive snaps than the Packers. They had 7 guys with above 50% of snaps at DL and LB. The Packers only had 3 in the DL, ILB, Edge group play more than 50% of snaps. CB and S snaps were similar between the teams. To me that adds up more to "mind over matter" for the Lions (aka mental toughness) and a talent disparity at DL and defensive coaching.

my question to you was legitimate. and even though your answer did not really address the facts mentioned by 57, i'll accept your answer and just move on. it's not like we can change anything now. i fully expected this to be an up-and-down season, and the packers are delivering on that expectation. but unless mlf actually starts making some changes and not just giving lip-service to needing to make changes, i can't see the packers even winning 7 games. right now, he's just reminding me of mccarthy and his "we're going to get that fixed" comments.

A. It is a thing..it was as much a thing to have tired legs in 1985 as it was last night.
B. We aren't playing rugby
C. Get it right between your wrinkled ass cheeks it's not 1967 and the NFL, College all levels don't run like that anymore. By rule, they don't even do two a days any longer. So your point with all due respect is not valid.

Wrinkled Ass Cheeks. rofl(

I am going to jump in here, wasn't asked to but I think some people are missing a point or two, maybe 3 LOL.

As everyone knows I played at all levels of the game. We didn't have Thursday FB per se but in the CFL you would play on odd nights like that. Yes, you get tired legs. 50 60 0r 20 snaps that's irrelevant. Bodies recover different ways. As odd as it is vets tend to recover faster it seems then younger guys, I think because they know how to get there bodies back quicker or so it seemed. When your team has dead legs it's going to be a rough night.

I did see tired legs last night but to be fair we had some guys on the backside of the defense that were mismatched. Read that they told Rasul Douglus he was purposely targeted on those big plays. That's film study and tendencies, again a vet team is going to pick that stuff up and a room full of youngsters won't know their doing it. You fix that with time and coaching.

The OL guys look very banged upped, taped up and broken. They may need too swallow some spare change and trade for a swing tackle

I would caution everyone we are 4 games in, a lot of FB left for anyone to cry the season is over and or we are winning it all. I

Two cents from the old war horse.

Like I've said from the start. This team is destined for the lower 1/3 of the league. They lack talent across the board, and are saddled with huge contracts that are eating up the money that's needed to fill way too many positions with talented players.

Adding to the woes is the fact that the GM is using unrestricted FAs to fill the roster with bodies, who are somehow supposed to be turned into adequate players for a team that has visions of winning the majority of their games. Sorry! That ain't happening. This team is not that good, and won't be until they get out of the cap hell, and can restock the shelves with enough play makers so they can compete with the big boys. In Gutey's defense, with so much cap money being wasted, to stay within the cap, he needs to look in the bargain basement for all our needs.

Based on what appears to be a lack of innovation on both sides of the ball, LeFleur seemed to lash out, acknowledging it. When he said change, I hope he was also pointing at himself, because it's up to him to insure changes do happen, and he needs to approve of them.

As an example of one thing.... minor in the scope of things, yet important at the same time.... Nixon has to remember that he's not the #1 kick return man in the league, and "not" returning kickoffs puts the ball on the 25 yard line, not putting us in a position where we're already behind the chains inside our own 20. I want to kick ML's arse every time Nixon runs it out, because I know he's not going to gain the 25.

Now, as I told one person, who told me Nixon had a 27 yard average return, so that's better than the 25, those returns are counted from where he fielded the ball, and if it's 7 yards back in the end zone, he's only gained the 20. It was a dumb thing to do. LeFleur has to know this! He has to!

Now, for those wrinkled ass cheeks. Please don't remind me of what I sometimes see with these old women in our 55+ park, getting out of the pool, in their bathing suits. I'm already considering seeing a psychiatrist over it! ;D

Back