Post Game: Green Bay defeats Chicago 27-10

Amari Rodgers who last week had zero offensive snaps had 1 vs the Bears. Devonte Wyatt who had zero last week had 4 vs the Bears

Amari Rodgers who last week had zero offensive snaps had 1 vs the Bears. Devonte Wyatt who had zero last week had 4 vs the Bears
Probably easing them in slowly. Save their legs for later in the season ggg(hide)

Probably easing them in slowly. Save their legs for later in the season ggg(hide)
Amari is firmly in the dog house. I know I give Aaron Rodgers crap for how he much he clearly dislikes Amari, but it doesn’t mean he’s wrong. It seems like he's making a ton of mistakes in practice, mental error stuff. ML hates that sort of thing too. I hate making judgments on young WR because it can be a tough transition for them from college, but it’s perfectly possible Gute blew not only the evaluation on the player, but on the person too.

I think Amari's problem is that up through college he was physically more gifted than those he played against and just out athletes them. Now, the competition is a lot tougher and he is struggling with the mental aspects and intricacies of pro football. With the Pack, there's a lot of mental things he has to be immediately on the same page as the other Rodgers, but he just isn't getting there

Amari is firmly in the dog house. I know I give Aaron Rodgers crap for how he much he clearly dislikes Amari, but it doesn’t mean he’s wrong. It seems like he's making a ton of mistakes in practice, mental error stuff. ML hates that sort of thing too. I hate making judgments on young WR because it can be a tough transition for them from college, but it’s perfectly possible Gute blew not only the evaluation on the player, but on the person too.
I also question if it's between the ears for Rodgers. Got lucky muffed a punt in game which flag was thrown. Also few times caught a punt in which he got hit right after. That's the type of play that leads to fumbles and should call a fair catch if you have the defender right up in your face.

I think Amari's problem is that up through college he was physically more gifted than those he played against and just out athletes them. Now, the competition is a lot tougher and he is struggling with the mental aspects and intricacies of pro football. With the Pack, there's a lot of mental things he has to be immediately on the same page as the other Rodgers, but he just isn't getting there
This is part of the problem but it’s also a case of a spread WR having to adjust to running a complete route tree, reading coverage and adjusting. Take away the go route to Watson, they used him and Doubs mostly on WR screens or simple designed plays. Sometimes it takes longer for the light to go on

That's true but I remember the pre-draft write ups on this guy, that he's mature, pro ready mentality, coach's son, long relationship with Randall Cobb, big time pro program at Clemson, knew the pro football life since he was knee high to a grasshopper. That has not been the case. He physically looks fine, but he's been unable to grasp the mental side and the professionalism. That's why I said, it may not be a blown evaluation of the player, but of the person. He's not who they thought he was.

I'll agree that Amari's not progressing as fast as we hoped. I think it's more mental - Learning to run precise routes, learning timing, reading defenses and adjusting to the same thing as your quarterback.

I haven't heard anything that he's not trying. When interviewed all I've read is that he's accepting the challenge and trying to earn his spot. He's no longer faster and more athletic than everyone, now he's getting stressed on the hardest part of the game.

Same with the other rookies. Honestly, they'd probably be better off with Love who isn't as sophisticated - but the Pack wouldn't

Although a reach, it's still possible that Amari will suddenly understand the whole thing, and understand his role in the scheme of things.

It comes in varying speeds to people. I remember how people wanted to throw Gary on the scrap pile after year one, and even well into his second year. For some, the curve is slower, because it only comes when the game slows down in front of you.

Back