Post Game, GB drops a close one 19-17 to Denver

I've seen enough out of Love. He's not a quality starting QB. Even in today's watered down league.
We have at least one more year of fixing the offensive line with reach draft picks that don't pan out before we do anything with our QB, I think. major changes could happen after that.

I mean... We all knew that this was a possible outcome this year. Rebuild was always in the cards.

2nd youngest team
likely youngest offense
a ton of injuries to key players
1st year starter at QB coming off 30 years of HOF QBs
cap hell due to trying to going all in to get one with Rodgers

After the game, my brother asked me what I would do and I said nothing. Sometimes you just have an off year. We clearly need a star WR and some RB depth, and the line is garbage. I think we all want a Shanahan offense but remember it took him like 4 years to build that up, and we don't have the personnel yet (and are hamstrung by the aforementioned cap issues), and even if we did have the personnel, they are so young that there will be a lot of growing pains.

I'm just surprised by the amount people who apparently thought we were just going to keep on chugging along this season as if nothing had changed because of a "culture of winning" or something idk. I wouldn't fire anyone on the team at this point.

I mean... We all knew that this was a possible outcome this year. Rebuild was always in the cards.

2nd youngest team
likely youngest offense
a ton of injuries to key players
1st year starter at QB coming off 30 years of HOF QBs
cap hell due to trying to going all in to get one with Rodgers

After the game, my brother asked me what I would do and I said nothing. Sometimes you just have an off year. We clearly need a star WR and some RB depth, and the line is garbage. I think we all want a Shanahan offense but remember it took him like 4 years to build that up, and we don't have the personnel yet (and are hamstrung by the aforementioned cap issues), and even if we did have the personnel, they are so young that there will be a lot of growing pains.

I'm just surprised by the amount people who apparently thought we were just going to keep on chugging along this season as if nothing had changed because of a "culture of winning" or something idk. I wouldn't fire anyone on the team at this point.
I think the frustrating thing for us fans is watching the offense get worse week-to-week rather than improve. The first half play of late has been ungodly bad.

LT play has been bad. Not sure why they continue to trot Walker out there when there’s a viable RT on the bench and Tom could move over to the left side.

Love has no rhythm in this offense. Sure, part of that stems from the O-Line play but he owns a lot of it, too. He’s late on so many throws and it only makes it tougher to complete the pass. And yeah, his accuracy has also been lacking. He’s throwing catchable balls but his ball placement makes every catch a challenge for receivers. It also curbs any RAC potential when receivers are continually having to adjust to his poor placement.

Nobody here expected a world beater team but it was fair to expect more than what we’re getting. This team is a &%$@-show right now.

Just a last note before bed~

I said in the prediction thread BEFORE the season, any kind of injury bug and all bets were off. All bets are off now. Can't come out of the bye week and lose 4-6 players after already being thin.

As 44blitz said the front office has some decisions to make if they want to win this year OR as I have said before, take your lumps. Draft high and start rebuilding this team.

As for today, I am speechless as to why they look that bad in the first half, young teams do that sometimes but most get over it after the first couple of weeks. sh))

Love has no rhythm in this offense. Sure, part of that stems from the O-Line play but he owns a lot of it, too. He’s late on so many throws and it only makes it tougher to complete the pass. And yeah, his accuracy has also been lacking. He’s throwing catchable balls but his ball placement makes every catch a challenge for receivers. It also curbs any RAC potential when receivers are continually having to adjust to his poor placement.
Watch him and his feet when he misses, almost always not setting his feet and under pressure. He needs a much better OL and he needs coaching....they should acquire a vet possession receiver as well so he has that 5-7 yard outlet guy. tc( on Love IMHO

The frustrating part of the season so far is that after todays game I'm not sure there is a single position group that is of winning quality. There is absolutely not one area on offense or defense that you can hang your hat on week in and week out.

On a positive note, we currently have the seventh overall draft pick! :love:
- Mr. Smiles

I guess the plus of being bad at every position is that with pick #7 there'll be help for any spot, so you can just draft BPA. Ugh!

I'm not worried about Love. He will be fine as long as he can handle it mentally.

This team is one of the youngest and least talented teams in the league. The sooner fans accept that the better. And the sooner fans accept that GB is in the beginning stages of a major rebuild on offense the better as well. I mean this offense is being rebuilt from the ground up, GB is not building off of what was there before. Thanks to Gutey and MM's poor roster building it's a necessity.

What's the problem on offense? Love has a different line up every weekend sprinkled with the will Jones or won't he?? The offense needs to look different whether Dillon is featured or Jones is featured. But maybe ML is stubbornly trying to use the same offense for both? Love seems to have a constantly shifting OL as well. And not a very good one at that. So he can't fully concentrate on the routes, progressions, and receivers. Who, may, or may not, be where they need to be. There is just no way right now that this offense can gel and progress with all these other factors.

This is going to take years to fix. This isn't a find a few draft picks and everything is good next season. This is going to take several drafts at least, plus getting out from under bad contracts to start fixing. You need OL (both starters and depth), WR, and RB at the bare minimum from next offseason... And that doesn't include defense. It's just not realistic that this gets fixed by next year.

ML is a master with talent, but can he develop it and use what he has to maximum effectiveness?

The Packers were 8-9 last year with a future HOF QB and a better, and healthier, roster.

If GB thinks that they can properly assess Love this year, then fans will have to enjoy being out in the wilderness with Browns type suckitude for years...

Last edited:
The frustrating part of the season so far is that after todays game I'm not sure there is a single position group that is of winning quality. There is absolutely not one area on offense or defense that you can hang your hat on week in and week out.

I guess the plus of being bad at every position is that with pick #7 there'll be help for any spot, so you can just draft BPA. Ugh!
This nails it. It just seems like a lackluster group. I know it's a young group and I'm hoping those WR's and TE's grow and evolve into some solid playmakers, but right now, it's as you say.

Last edited:
Back