Post Game GB defeats Tampa Bay 14-12

We go into these lull periods whenever something bad happens, and Aaron freezes up.

In the playoffs, we were doing great until Mercedes fumbled. In Minnesota, Watson dropped that perfect pass, Aaron went right into his shell.

Today, we were doing great until Aaron Jones fumbled near the goal line. That third TD would have been sweet. Unfortunately Aaron went into his shell and we didn't score again all day.

Long as Aaron is gonna be doing psychedelics, maybe should go ahead and see a shrink while he's at it.

Ryan Wood

Talked briefly with Jaire Alexander in locker room. He said he felt groin grab on 1st stop route of game. That would have been game's 1st play. Alexander allowed 8-yd catch covering out on game's 7th play, didn't play again. Didn't have much burst to close on Kyle Rudolph on out.

Asked Jaire Alexander how he was feeling: "I'll be all right. I feel good." #Packers certainly hope it's a short-term injury, though groin pulls can be tricky.

Matt LaFleur had the biggest shit-eating grin on his face when asked what Aaron Rodgers saw on the jumbotron and discussed with him before the two-point conversion. "We were talking about a few things," he said. "I'm not going to share that."

Matt LaFleur had the biggest shit-eating grin on his face when asked what Aaron Rodgers saw on the jumbotron and discussed with him before the two-point conversion. "We were talking about a few things," he said. "I'm not going to share that."
For a guy who routinely takes the play clock to 0 he better be careful what he says. Arod could easily be called for delay several times per game.

We go into these lull periods whenever something bad happens, and Aaron freezes up.

In the playoffs, we were doing great until Mercedes fumbled. In Minnesota, Watson dropped that perfect pass, Aaron went right into his shell.

Today, we were doing great until Aaron Jones fumbled near the goal line. That third TD would have been sweet. Unfortunately Aaron went into his shell and we didn't score again all day.

Long as Aaron is gonna be doing psychedelics, maybe should go ahead and see a shrink while he's at it.
I actually think this is a ML thing. I think the team takes on his personality in those situations. He’s a bit of a nervous nelly, and the offense seems to lack a kind of resilience.

I actually think this is a ML thing. I think the team takes on his personality in those situations. He’s a bit of a nervous nelly, and the offense seems to lack a kind of resilience.
McCarthy was worse, imo.

For a guy who routinely takes the play clock to 0 he better be careful what he says. Arod could easily be called for delay several times per game.
+1. Fwiw I don’t think the second was really delay of game either, I think the refs were just tuned in to it because the same thing happened the play before on the TD. Uncharacteristic unsavvy move from Brady to put them in that spot.

IIRC, I read once that Rodgers does that purposely because many times the defense will shift just prior to the snap and reveal what coverage they are in, which then reveals to AR where his first read will likely be.
Not sure if I completely believe that, but …. FWIW

Ugly looking win, but hey, you take it and move on, especially since it was in the heat in Tampa.

There were some good things in this game. Special teams continue to not be stupid like last year. They're nothing special but at least they don't suck. That's progress. Doubs was a bright spot on offense and hopefully a sign of better things to come. Both safeties played better than they had been, which is also progress. Cobb looked washed in game 1, but today he looked like he could still contribute a little. Nixon had a great game both on special teams and from scrimmage.

There are some bad things they need to work on. That 21 personnel package with both Jones and Dillon just isn't doing much. They don't need to scrap it, but maybe figure out more what's working and what's not from that package. O-line is still not as good as it was a couple of years ago. Maybe look at Nijman at RT and move Jenkins back inside in place of Newman. Might also look at Tom in place of Newman though I'm not sure how much improvement that would be. What is AR and the team's fascination with Winfree. He contributes nothing even though he's been with the team for a couple of years now. Aaron Jones, who's not a fumbler, has to stop fumbling against the Bucs. A couple of years it was a major reason for a playoff loss, and yesterday if he'd have held onto the ball it really would have changed the tone of the game.

No matter. Take the win and start prep for next week.

Back