Post-game: GB Beats The Rams 20-3

Maybe an unpopular take, but MLF simplified things and called a game for longer, sustained drives rather than the go-for-broke we've seen for many weeks; it allowed the D to stay fresher, chewed up clock, and didn't overstretch Love. Bad QB, but the secondary played well; Jaire had an excellent game, but I don't think he's still right; Valentine and Johnson played well. Musgrave and Love on the triple option of 90 degrees one way, 180 the other, and 90 back to the middle: the timing and execution was excellent on that. It's gotta be a confidence booster to finally win again.

On the negative side, The penalties, the fumbles, and drops are still holding us back.

Nice to see these guys get a win. Need to clean up the penalties and WR drops but they played with some excitement and inspiration. Hopefully the injuries don't keep piling up as the schedule doesn't get any easier.

It’s nice to see a win and the confidence… yes they won’t be playing third string QB every week. But that doesn’t matter in a season like this. The win is what matters most. Hopefully ML found some plays that he can rely on more after this week to help Love.

Last edited:
Good win, after losing 4 in a row. We need to remember that Rypien is their 3rd option at QB, and really not much more than a practice squad player. Imagine us not having Love, and Clifford, and having some guy on our practice squad going under center.

Love did a good job. Made some mistakes, but in all honesty, those drops are really a killer, and that's not on him. They just don't show up in the stats everyone sees, so way too many fans don't understand how bad it is.

Penalties. Discipline. It has to be a priority. I think a few today were really ticky-tacky, and should never have been called.

You gotta like the effort some of our bargain basement players have shown on defense. Valentine, Johnson, and Owens did well enough to give them a pat on the back.

Also, Nixon, Campbell, and Alexander coming back. All played some good downs out there. Might add in a pat on the back to Karl Brooks, who I believe batted down 2 passes, and was pressuring the QB when he was on the field.

Last edited:
Back