Post Game Bucs Defeat Packers 31-26

Rodgers said he might have called a different play if he knew LaFleur was going to opt for a field goal.
"I thought maybe we were gonna have four chances to go," Rodgers said.
I don't buy "I would have run a different play" b.s. Rodgers is always great at playing the victim, not so great at taking responsibility.

it was. packers were ill-prepared, got flustered and choked. we're going to lose some very important players in the offseason. it truly was our best shot.
We got beat up on both sides of the ball and really didn't start to make any adjustments until well into the second half. And while I'm not saying the Packers deserved to win that game - I will say that they deserved one last chance to win it at the end of the game. Not going to debate whether or not it was a penalty - but you can't let that go on all game long and decide to throw the first flag for it with only 2 minutes left in the game.

Favre is right, but it won't stop the talking heads from stirring crap all off-season. "Rodgers and LeFleur hate each other!" didn't work out, so they need something new.

Favre would know he played the retirement game for like 5 years in GB.

The whole FG thing:

Was it the wrong call? Absolutely. But let's play the "what if" game.

Rodgers throws a TD pass & EQ doesn't drop the 2-point conversion this time & they TIE the game.

Is the Packer defense going to get ANOTHER stop on Brady & the Bucs or do you think Brady drives down & gets a FG?

Packers had ample opportunity & many chances to win that game. They didn't get the job done & even if they got the ball back with :30 seconds & no timeout, I highly doubt they punch it in.

Yeah I laughed at kicking the FG too but it's not the only reason they lost.

The whole FG thing:

Was it the wrong call? Absolutely. But let's play the "what if" game.

Rodgers throws a TD pass & EQ doesn't drop the 2-point conversion this time & they TIE the game.

Is the Packer defense going to get ANOTHER stop on Brady & the Bucs or do you think Brady drives down & gets a FG?

Packers had ample opportunity & many chances to win that game. They didn't get the job done & even if they got the ball back with :30 seconds & no timeout, I highly doubt they punch it in.

Yeah I laughed at kicking the FG too but it's not the only reason they lost.
It's something that can be framed to make the great Aaron Rodgers look like a victim, so of course it's the storyline with the most traction.

For once I'd like to see Aaron instinctively say "we win as a team and we lose as a team" instead of saying "it wasn't my decision," but we know the old saying about the leopard and its spots.

Back