Packers will sign Jared Cook per reports

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod
Cook's one-year, $2.75M contract includes $1.425M base, $825K signing bonus, $475K roster and $25K workout bonuses. Another $900K incentives

That's preeeetty low on guarantees, folks! TT once again protects the team and the cap. Cook's gotta truly earn it. If he hit's those incentives, great!

Interesting. Sure hope he leaves the attitude in St. Louis and works on his concentration. Maybe he should get James J. to mentor him. I remember how JJ would talk to himself trying to help himself stay focused. :)

Interesting. Sure hope he leaves the attitude in St. Louis and works on his concentration. Maybe he should get James J. to mentor him. I remember how JJ would talk to himself trying to help himself stay focused. :)

Jones won't be on the team this year and he will probably find some team to give him a 1 year deal as a #3 or 4 WR.

Evidently Cook has already talked to his new QB. Has Aaron tweeted anything about this signing (or any other Packers player)?

I like the signing. Not off-the-hook excited, but do think it's a solid addition that helps the team be more flexible both on the field and at draft time. Pressure is off now to take a TE. If one falls in our lap, great, take him. If it doesn't happen we are at least covered somewhat and have better depth than last year.

Surprised a bit by the contract, but Cook hurt himself in multiple ways last year both with production issues and attitude. This will become a "show me" deal. Hopefully he earns all the incentives and has teams chasing him hard at this time next year. Means he will have had a terrific season.

Cook’s contract calls for a $1.425 million base salary (non-guaranteed) with an $825,000 signing bonus, $400,000 in per-game roster bonuses and another $75,000 roster bonus due June 20. He also will earn an additional $25,000 in workout bonuses for participating in the offseason program that starts April 19.
The 28-year-old tight end also can earn up to $900,000 if he’s selected to the Pro Bowl and hits targets for receptions and touchdowns. Those incentives aren’t reflected in Green Bay’s salary cap because they’re considered not likely to be earned for salary-cap purposes since he didn’t hit those marks last season

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...ortunity-worked-into-cooks-contract/82344702/

Good low risk move. Like cook at this money more than Allen or fleener for what they got. The threat of him running down the middle should really help our wrs.

Can't really dislike this. Low risk deal for for a potential upgrade at TE. Time to find out if he's been hindered his whole career playing with crappy QBs or he's just a dud himself. We'll find out.

At least he's faster than trying to collect a bad check like our other TE's.

Back