Packers sign TE Annen to practice squad, move LB Vaughters to practice squad injured list

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Green Bay — The Green Bay Packers signed tight end Blake Annen to the practice squad Wednesday in a move that bolsters depth at the position following the injury to Andrew Quarless.

Continue reading...

I do not like to be pragmatic and write a public opinion just to be a mean human being. This opinion is not in any way "kicking a person while they are down" because I think doing that is wrong. I see Andrew Quarless possibly finishing out his contract with the Packers (maybe/ maybe not ???). I think he is currently contracted through 2016. Over the years developing as a tight end for the Packers - I really believe he as come as far as he is going to with his skill set and there is better talent and skill available. He just doesn't have the hands to consistently catch the catchable balls. So of course the attempts to catch on any awry balls off the mark and not catching them is also very low catch percentage in my thinking. I mean every time he has been able to catch a ball - I am always stunned, surprised and happy. (elated). - Having this IR injury is certainly awful and a huge set back for him. I think the team is going to be ok. - Kaye

He's an UFA after this year. Agree he's never lived up to the "Jermichael Finley-lite" billing that he carried for quite a while. Seems now to be Just A Guy. What I don't understand is why you think any part of your post might be considered offensive. Very well thought out and completely true (except for the contract part :)).

He's an UFA after this year. Agree he's never lived up to the "Jermichael Finley-lite" billing that he carried for quite a while. Seems now to be Just A Guy. What I don't understand is why you think any part of your post might be considered offensive. Very well thought out and completely true (except for the contract part :)).

Thank you Half Empty - way back when I first ever started football boarding - sometimes I would be really "beyond peeved" about some players, quite acerbic and vocal. (not thinking me just big mouth "popped off" so to say) Andrew Quarless as a football player has contributed to the team, he has played well enough in their estimation to have been kept in that Packers system. As a human being and football fan he deserves my respect for having accomplished that.

I do not think other than pure physical presence back when that Jermichael Finley lived up to his full potential as a tight end either. He was just the best we had during his time period with the Packers. Not every tight end is going to have "Tony Gonzalez" talent/skill. The Packers do need to maintain consistent tight end presence and plays and tight ends both effective in blocking and ability to catch the ball. They have to be SOLID at both of those tasks. There are some other Packers team youngsters that seem to be picking it up pretty fast in their development. -Thank you so much for a nice reply Half Empty. - Kaye

Back