Packers sign former Broncos OLB Lerentee McCray

Hey! We signed a linebacker that played for Denver last season! Why isn't everyone mor excited?

Isn't that exactly what we wanted?

sc))

If you read what Bronco fans say about him they liked him but their LBing unit is pretty deep so he didn't get a lot of playing time. Those fans said he's a better run stuffer than pass rusher. He also had injury issues. If he can overcome that he might be nice to have in the middle stopping the run.

New at #Packers Blog: New OLB Lerentee McCray will receive $125,000 in bonuses as part of one-year, $800K deal

Hey! We signed a linebacker that played for Denver last season! Why isn't everyone mor excited?

Isn't that exactly what we wanted?

sc))
Great OLB signing! Now we can keep Clay at ILB!

Seriously, not a bad signing. Young, athletic, not much over a minimum contract. A $50,000 signing bonus and a $75,000 workout bonus. $675,000 base salary if he makes the team for a total of $800,000 against the cap this year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the $675,000 does not become fully guaranteed until he is on the roster on opening day, so that means only $125,000 against the cap if he doesn't make the team, correct?

Last edited:
I believe your right Oak. So what the Packers bought is a $125K try out which can be made up buy selling an extra 24 beers on game day.

Back