Packers new coaching staff: Reason for excitement or same old McCarthy?

As a Mike Pettine skeptic I came away pretty impressed watching his press conference. I've heard him speak before obviously, but he came across as a confident no nonsense guy in the presser. Def doesn't seem like a bumbling idiot who the game has passed by.

If Mike McCarthy wasn't still around I would be extremely optimistic about the Packer's future. As long as fat mac is around the Packer's end result is never going to change.

If Mike McCarthy wasn't still around I would be extremely optimistic about the Packer's future. As long as fat mac is around the Packer's end result is never going to change.

you're right. we should bring back that guy who coached us to the last super bowl win.

Pettine has had his up's and downs in the league. Yeah statistically he's not bad at all. But if you dig he wore out his welcome at a couple stops and his players were far from in love with the guy. I have to see how it shakes out before I can get on that train.

MM is a curious fellow. He's been pigheaded and stubborn for 12 seasons and rarely goes away from his comfort zone. Again I'm weary of his "the offense is learning a new playbook" statement. He's either blowing smoke up our rear to tell us what we want to hear or they will really do that meaning both the D and O look meh early in 2018 while they get on the same page and learn what's what.

Or actually go get a HC with a fresh point of view who doesn't look like Andy Reid's twin and who isn't an arrogant overbearing prick 3/4 of the time. Just a thought.

Looks like I'm out of the running....

If McCarthy gets them back to the playoffs, and they win at least one game, he's going to be around until he has another year where they slip to .500 or less. Like it or not, that's what will happen.

If McCarthy gets them back to the playoffs, and they win at least one game, he's going to be around until he has another year where they slip to .500 or less. Like it or not, that's what will happen.

Unfortunately you are right. Even though everyone except MM and some of the front office knows it is really Arod that gets them to the playoffs.

Im cautiously optimistic because i think Big G will get better players. Not because of coaching. Tbe coaching staff is pretty underwhelming...

Jerry Montgomery not going to Texas A&M will stay on with Packers and be DL coach.

Back