Packers confirm minicamp practice schedule for June 14-16

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
usa-today-9327893.0.jpg

Practice times are now locked in, and they are late enough that fans from outside of Green Bay might still be able to attend.

On Monday afternoon - just one day before the event begins - the Green Bay Packers confirmed their practice schedule for their three-day mandatory minicamp. The event is the only one in the offseason practice calendar for which teams could fine players for sitting out, but the team rarely has any issues with player attendance at any offseason practices. That is due in large part to the workout bonus language included in the team’s veterans’ contracts.

Head coach Mike McCarthy will also speak prior to each day’s practice, rather than after practice like he did during Organized Team Activities over the past three weeks. McCarthy is scheduled to speak at 10:15 AM Central before each day of practice.

Here’s the schedule, and note that all practices will be held at Ray Nitschke Field, weather permitting.

• Tuesday, June 14th: 11:30 AM CT
  • Wednesday, June 15th: 11:30 AM CT
  • Thursday, June 16th: 11:30 AM CT

Acme Packing Company is planning to be in attendance for at least one day of practice (if weather allows) so keep an eye out for some bonus coverage in addition to our usual roundup of practice updates and news from the beat writers. Currently, the weather forecast calls for clear skies on Tuesday and Thursday, but a strong possibility of rain and thunderstorms on Wednesday.

Continue reading @http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/ ...

sh)) because why?

I actually like this I don't think the vets get anything out of minicamp anyway and letting them stay home serves several purposes:

1. It makes them loyal to the HC for allowing them valuable rest time/time with their family before TC. Everyone knows that veterans hate these OTAs. I recall Woodson singing MMs praises for giving older players much needed rest time. Not all coaches do this. For all of MMs faults he sure seems to know how to treat his older players. I have to tip my hat off to him for that.

2. Perhaps more importantly it allows the younger guys to get more reps that Rodgers/Matthews/etc would have gotten instead. This gives us more time to evaluate the younger draft picks/UDFAs and better assess the pre-season positional battles.

Just give Lacy this test.

For some reason whenever I think of Eddie Lacy, fat bastard immediately pops into my mind. The two have become almost one in the same in my head.

I would think considering the trust issues last year the failure of the defense when it counted and the change in offense you'd want these guys together as much as possible.

Back