Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

I still say it wouldn’t surprise me if they moved on Barry. I get the impression that ML had to spend a lot of time forcing the defensive game plans and wants to spend less of his time doing that. If he keeps Joe Barry he is committing to another season of same old same old. They found some answers end of last year and then reverted to crumminess agains this year before ML involved himself in it. Does he want to keep doing that? Risk losing another half season to figuring this crap out?
That is the key, RP.

Barry didn't do this himself. ML got involved and then the D changed and played better. To me that is a big problem.

Part of reason you need to make choice quick on Barry. Guys are already lining up interviews for DC openings. Ron Rivera will interview for Philly's DC job. This is something you can't wait 2 weeks to hem and haw over if you are going to keep him or not.

It’s a shame because Barry’s ceiling is a B+ coordinator. He can have a pretty sound scheme that’s effective against some good QBs. Maybe better players help out here and there. But he just cant close a game or get a stop for the life of him. He shrinks up, backs off, and when aggressive he leaves the wrong holes open. He’s like the Andy Dalton of DCs. You can do worse, but you’re not winning anything with him.

I thought there were reports out there was tenison between Barry and some guys possibly Alexander
that was assumed and never confirmed, Preston Smith and a few others came out and backed him. JA is a weirdo....nothing he says should be taken seriously....plays some badass corner when healthy but a weirdo nonetheless. Got his head on straight after losing a game check.

Back