Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

Bringing Dillon back at that price makes a ton of sense. The best way to go into the draft is with no needs, or at least as few as possible. Leaves you free to take good players at any position without reaching. With no CAP risk in this signing, you are free to draft a RB if he's there and if things don't fall your way you don't have to fear going into the season short at the position. If a rookie wins one of the back-up jobs, you just cut Dillon and move on.

@AndyHermanNFL
So it looks like the 4 year qualifier is $1.45mil this year. The minimim salary for a 4+ year vet is $1.08 million. The way this works is Dillon gets a 1-year deal UP TO $2.53 million however, he only counts $1.08 mil against the cap. No downside for GB.

So people complaining about Josh Jacobs deal. But he only gets $12.5 million guaranteed. He just turned 26 years old. The Texans who just traded for Joe Mixon who turns 28 in July just got 3 years $27 million with $13 million guaranteed. Sure looks like GB got a good deal.

So people complaining about Josh Jacobs deal. But he only gets $12.5 million guaranteed. He just turned 26 years old. The Texans who just traded for Joe Mixon who turns 28 in July just got 3 years $27 million with $13 million guaranteed. Sure looks like GB got a good deal.
I wasn't complaining - just asking what everyone thought about it.

Good deal for Dillon. He showed when Jones was out he isn’t going to be a starter. But he can be good as a fill in and short yardage guy… everyone wins..

Again not a hater with Dillon coming back because the risk is nearly zero, however, I think it's short-sighted on Gute and MF part. The RB coming out have better wheels and skills and you get better value on a rookie deal. tc(
I think the deal they gave Dillon is proof that they know the deal with him. I don't think it changes how they address the RB room.

Back