Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

he probably knows most of what Murphy already does.
have press conferences where he never says anything of value.
design sled hills.
sign players to huge contract extensions that hog-tie the team for years.
get bad haircuts.
devise a power structure that handcuffs the head coach.
i know there's more, but i can't remember them all. good thing ed already nows.

have press conferences where he never says anything of value.
design sled hills.
sign players to huge contract extensions that hog-tie the team for years.
get bad haircuts.
devise a power structure that handcuffs the head coach.
i know there's more, but i can't remember them all. good thing ed already nows.
you forgot:
transition from franchise QB to another franchise QB, not once but twice
bring SB trophy to GB
keep team relevant and financially in good shape despite wildly changing NFL landscape
bring NFL draft to town

Im way more concerned about Ed Policy being president/ceo than Murphy. Policy is pure lawyer. Real estate development etc. Way more corporate than Murphy ever was. If you didn't like Murphy in GB just wait.

I think it would be wise though to name new president before season starts have them in place by then to have full year under MM.

Im way more concerned about Ed Policy being president/ceo than Murphy. Policy is pure lawyer. Real estate development etc. Way more corporate than Murphy ever was. If you didn't like Murphy in GB just wait.
If Policy just sticks to the business side like Harlan did that's fine. Let the GM and coach run the football side of things.

If Policy just sticks to the business side like Harlan did that's fine. Let the GM and coach run the football side of things.
It depends. Looking back Murphy should have been MORE involved on the football side when Ted's health was declining and important decisions were seemingly being made by Russ Ball.

GB needs fresh blood in the front office. Policy is not a football guy. It would be a mistake to promote him IMHO. The guy at the top should have a grasp on all sides not just the business side.

Last edited:
Jets owner Woody Johnson pretty much says that the Jets need to win next year or the coaching staff is gone. If he does fire the staff and the Packers defense does not improve much if any do you think we could see the Packers fire Hafley after one year and ML bring on his best friend in Saleh as DC? IMO it would be tempting to try to add Saleh to the staff.

Johnson is odd though he is demanding Saleh a defensive coach focus on the offense and let the DC run the defense. Why would you ask the HC to focus on a area were he is not trained in. I think with Hackett as OC, Saleh asked to put his hand in the offense, and Aaron Rodgers a guy who is known to switch out of whatever is called to what he wants this could be a big mess in 2024 for the Jets. If I am Saleh I am already getting my resume ready. Hopefully in some role to GB.

Last edited:
Jets owner Woody Johnson pretty much says that the Jets need to win next year or the coaching staff is gone. If he does fire the staff and the Packers defense does not improve much if any do you think we could see the Packers fire Hafley after one year and ML bring on his best friend in Saleh as DC? IMO it would be tempting to try to add Saleh to the staff.

Johnson is odd though he is demanding Saleh a defensive coach focus on the offense and let the DC run the defense. Why would you ask the HC to focus on a area were he is not trained in. I think with Hackett as OC, Saleh asked to put his hand in the offense, and Aaron Rodgers a guy who is known to switch out of whatever is called to what he wants this could be a big mess in 2024 for the Jets. If I am Saleh I am already getting my resume ready. Hopefully in some role to GB.
No, and you need to move on from the whole Saleh thing. ML made his choice and we ride with Hafley. Everything else is speculative mumbo jumbo.

Back