Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

I guess my expectations are lower. To me a winning season is Love looking like a good QB and our WRs/TEs showing growth. This squad has more upside than last year's team, but a long way (like a year or two) to go to realize it and a much lower floor than last year.

Boy, I guess I hit a nerve. :)

I am not saying MLF is not a an ok coach. He obviously has to be ok to win the amount of games he did but again look at his track record with decisions and the playoffs. And you all know what I am talking about.

If MLF proves me wrong (and I hope he does), then I will absolutely admit I was wrong on this. We'll see.

Doubs (Doobies) sounds like he has made an impression. Hopefully, he can be a good 2nd or 3rd WR for us.
He better right now he's going to be the starting outside WR with Watson and Reed the likely starting slot WR.

After that you have almost nothing after those 3 to bet on as Toure did next to nothing last year and you got rookies and UDFA after that.

He better right now he's going to be the starting outside WR with Watson and Reed the likely starting slot WR.

After that you have almost nothing after those 3 to bet on as Toure did next to nothing last year and you got rookies and UDFA after that.

I agree. The thing is he is a 4th round pick. How many 4th round picks really pan out to be a good #2 WR? It happens but not a ton.

I think the reason is with mid to late round picks, these players cannot take the leap in the 2nd year they need to for them to stay relevant and be starters. The 1st year is as good as they are going to get. Then you bring in new competition at WR and they eventually fall off and are cut.

The good news is he showed some good hands and body control in his rookie year. We just have to hope he takes the leap.

Doubs and Watson will be as good as their health allows them to be. Both have a head for the game, and seem to be willing to learn what it takes to make them better. I have a hunch that with the guys we see in camp with them, it's going to be a respectable receiving corps. I just hope the line gives Love a chance to develop the rapport with them, that will make them all more confident in their game.

I've been listening to what's been said about the OTAs in the media. It seems different this year in GB. It's as if there's an urgency on the part of a lot of players to prove that they deserve to be recognized for their talent, not everything hidden behind the soap opera that surrounded Rodgers.

Reading comments made by players, and by those watching them perform, I come away with a sense that this team may not be "better" on the field at this point than they were with Rodgers, but their more focused on being a team than they were, when Rodgers was the whole show. That alone would turn this into a successful year, even if they win 7 or less games. They need to become a team, and focus on the prizes teams win, not individual accolades.

I'm not going to anoint Love as anything other than "The new Packer QB." Until he proves himself, or fails, he's neither. He needs time to develop his game, and those around him need time to adjust to it. In the meanwhile, we shouldn't be jumping on any bandwagons of how he's the next best thing since sliced bread, or that he's a failure. It's going to take time, to see where he falls in the hierarchy.

To me, watching games this year will be more clinical, because it's time to dissect exactly which moves the front office made were good, and bad, of course realizing that they've choked themselves severely with their dead cap money. This is where Sherman was, and it took a couple of years to get rid of it, when he was jettisoned.

Back