Packers 2022 Thread

Obviously everyone knows that Baht salary was converted and kicked down the road.

But what is interesting is if they convert Crosby to SB they save roughly 3 mil cap space. If they cut him only save roughly 2.5 mil so a difference of .5 mil.

Now it's time to choppy choppy the roster to get under the cap

Love still has a decent chance to pull a Matt Flynn at some point. I don't know what he's worth in a trade, but unlike most positions in sports, I think it's arguably better to develop backup QB's in a successful system to improve their trade value even if they aren't playing much, rather than trade them when they're really young. Youth is not as valuable at the QB position.

I don't like the decision regarding Rodgers and would have strongly preferred a trade with Denver, but it's understandable to go all in under the circumstances. The devil is in the details with regard to how much talent they'll have to sacrifice the next couple years.

I think the real issue for me, and possibly for others as well, is the Groundhog Day feeling of thinking this just means more playoff losses with a ~12 win team. I'm just ready to build around defense and the run game and see if that works better. Rationally one might assume this gives them a better chance of winning the super bowl soon, but it's not so easy to convince myself of that after watching the last 10 years, even though I think Rodgers gets too much of the blame for that from many people (though he deserves some).

Adams and Arod couldn't get them to the SB before what makes the FO think they can do it next year?

Back