Packers 2022 Thread

Gute needs to learn mid round picks are you building ST picks and depth picks
Since 2013 we have had multiple picks in 3-5, it’s not like he’s gutted the draft to move up. The problem again is evaluation, if and when you move up you better be damn sure you hit.

Since 2013 we have had multiple picks in 3-5, it’s not like he’s gutted the draft to move up. The problem again is evaluation, if and when you move up you better be damn sure you hit.
I will give you that and Gute the 4th and 5t round picks he has not traded away only ones still on the team are from the 2021 draft.

Borrowing from post on another thread, can't agree with you on defense:
That is true, but Savage didn't quite adjust to the new defense in year one. I expect him to get up to speed, although this system may put extra pressure on his position.

Remember that play against the Bengals, he came all the way across the field in time, but then whiffed on the ball? Those types of plays dogged him.

That is true, but Savage didn't quite adjust to the new defense in year one. I expect him to get up to speed, although this system may put extra pressure on his position.

Remember that play against the Bengals, he came all the way across the field in time, but then whiffed on the ball? Those types of plays dogged him.
Go look up the history on Berry... get back to me after you do. His defensive schemes have always played poorly in situational D. Always

Go look up the history on Berry... get back to me after you do. His defensive schemes have always played poorly in situational D. Always
Yeah but Matt runs him, tells him what to do. D looked better than any Packers D in awhile. Just sayin.

Sounds like the Packers added a piece to the defense today. Not sure Jarran Reed is a difference maker, but he seems like a solid veteran signing. I like these kind of moves as they help take "need" a little more out of the draft equation. We already have a few big holes that will "need" to be fixed in the draft. Now you can take a DT if one is available and is good value or you can pass on DT until late in the draft or maybe find an UDFA.

I don't like everything Gute does but I like that he'll try to get some veteran help in FA to make it easier to go BPA in the draft. TT just avoided it like the plague and sometimes it hurt his drafts because there were holes he had to fill.

Reed should help DL. Stronger DL means you help free up the LBs

Packers never replaced Keke and this signing will do that. My guess GB did not trust having a rookie DL fill that role. Also how early would you take one 2nd or 3rd?

Back