Packers 2022 Thread

Well, now that they've gone "all in", they might as well really jump in the deep end. They've kept Campbell so they should find a way to keep Douglas. They might as well CAP HELL themselves with Davante as well - just pay him. Absolutely no point in giving in to Rodgers, and paying that kind of money, and then not re-signing Adams or risk alienating him and messing with the chemistry on offense by letting this linger into training camp. Lastly, pay Jaire top-of-market money. Another no-brainer for a team that's going in this direction.

They also need to find a WR and a TE to make sure this offense will roll next year. (MVS is not an option.) In addition, by cutting Turner, and with Jenkins likely on PUP to start the season, they need to draft a ready right tackle (or find another cheap FA option). Nijman is OK to start the season, but after that they have nothing at RT and you need someone serviceable.

If they re-sign Douglas, I'd bet pretty heavily that Edge is what we see in Rd 1. The draft is deep at the position and there will likely be guys worthy of the #28 spot at that position. I'm not as sold on the WR's at that point in the draft and not even the OT's. There will be okay WR value in Rd 2 and maybe even Rd 3. There are some versatile OL guys who might work out at RT in that range as well. I don't think they look hard at ILB until later. TE might be in play on day 2 as well. I don't see any other positions factoring into the first 2 days right now, but who knows, maybe somebody falls and they can't say no. They have to hit on a couple of guys in this draft who can help them right away.

Lastly, going forward they are going to CAP hell for a year or two and will need to load the roster with cheap guys. I suspect '24 and '25 are going to see lots of moves for extra draft capital and some very young rosters.

I think this whole plan is wrong and would never have bet on the Packers playing this game of stupid CAP tricks but since that's the decision, you might as well roll with it and don't half-a$$ it.

Back