Packers 2022 Thread

I can't see it happening but GB has until Wednesday to change it's RFA offer on Lazard from the aprox $4 million to a 110% of his 2021 salary and still have exclusive right to him. If the Packers were to do that he would go from the aprox $4 million down to $935K.

Spotrac has his market value at $7.7 million a year. If his agent is seeking a long term contract in that area I am not sure I would want the team to extend him at that much.

Winfree did nothing last year. Unless a injury happens he won't make this team. I do not understand the fan love for this guy. He seems a PS player at best.
Had a very good camp, got hurt. Anyway, this was a good play, went up and got it over Jaire. See if he can do that consistently.

Had a very good camp, got hurt. Anyway, this was a good play, went up and got it over Jaire. See if he can do that consistently.
Last year when all the WR's were out and he had to start he did not show anything. Practice and game action are two different things.

While looking at his future, Adams said he had to make a decision that was best for his long-term success.

"He mentioned we had talks about his future and what he thinks his duration in Green Bay or just football in general would look like, and that played into my decision as well," the receiver said. "Because where I am in my career -- and this isn't a shot at anybody, any other quarterbacks, in Green Bay, I love Jordan Love especially, he's a great guy -- I got aspirations of doing really, really big things and being remembered, and it just wasn't really a point in my career that I was willing to sacrifice Aaron not being there after a year or two."

While looking at his future, Adams said he had to make a decision that was best for his long-term success.

"He mentioned we had talks about his future and what he thinks his duration in Green Bay or just football in general would look like, and that played into my decision as well," the receiver said. "Because where I am in my career -- and this isn't a shot at anybody, any other quarterbacks, in Green Bay, I love Jordan Love especially, he's a great guy -- I got aspirations of doing really, really big things and being remembered, and it just wasn't really a point in my career that I was willing to sacrifice Aaron not being there after a year or two."

So he is basically saying, Jordan is a good guy but he is not good enough to get me the ball and read defenses on a consistent basis. In other words, Jordan isn't good enough to be an NFL starter.

That is what I am getting out of that.

So he is basically saying, Jordan is a good guy but he is not good enough to get me the ball and read defenses on a consistent basis. In other words, Jordan isn't good enough to be an NFL starter.

He cares more about his own stats then helping a team win

He doesn’t think he’s better than Derek Carr

In no way or shape did he say that rather he's saying that AR isn't going to be here for more than a season or two and he would like another payout, not happening with a fairly rookie QB under center.

No one has seen enough of Love in the regular season to make that kind of assumption, our coaching staff included.

Let me add this, did anyone ever think that Adams was sick of playing second fiddle to the great Aaron Rodgers? Have a big game and huge catches only for the press to swoon over AR? It's where is Aaron, what did Aaron say bh)

Yeah, they're buddies but now Adams is his own guy, with a QB who's an old friend, etc. Add in that the GB and WI culture isn't for everyone and it's a lot easier to see why he left.

Back