Packers 2016 Regular Season Schedule

Thoughts...
5 Primetime games... 3 on Sunday Night... 1 MNF... and 1 Thu Night
Early BYE week... blech.
Last 3 against NFC North foes... 2 on the road. Rough.
Start the season with 2 road games. When is the last time they started a season at home. Sheesh! (Looked it up... it was 2012)
- Primetime games start at 3:30AM here... Price of success, I guess. Know any good coffee wholesalers?

- Early bye is a curse. No redeeming factors. Our suspended guys have over a month to get fat before they return for the Oct. 16th home game vs DAL.

- I like having division games to end the regular season. Plenty 'o drama, if we don't clinch early.

So when was the last time the Packers had 8 noon games on the schedule? Usually it seems it's more 3:30 or primetime games. I kind of like it that half the games are noon games this year.

So when was the last time the Packers had 8 noon games on the schedule? Usually it seems it's more 3:30 or primetime games. I kind of like it that half the games are noon games this year.
All subject to change though... I also love Noon games and hope it stays that way.

So much for the easier schedule. With that early bye. csr( Didn't they have an early bye a few years ago? Anyone remember how they did that year?

So much for the easier schedule. With that early bye. csr( Didn't they have an early bye a few years ago? Anyone remember how they did that year?

2013 they went 8-7-1 that year but that was also the year Rodgers missed 8 games due to his collarbone.

Packers had a week 4 bye in 2013. It was the ARod injury season, the team went 8-7-1 and lost in Wild Card game.

But I doubt there's a conspiracy against us:

2016 week 4
2015 week 7
2014 week 9
2013 week 4
2012 week 10
2011 week 8
2010 week 10
2009 week 5
2008 week 8
2007 week 7
Last 10 years' average: Week 7

Weird schedule. Not a fan, but at least we have 5 out of 6 at home after the 2 away games. What a lame opening Game. Normally they give us a fun opener.

At least all the more challenging teams are at home.

Looks like a good possibility for a fast start, although we had one of those last year before falling down the crapper.

Always hate the early bye. I never buy into the "on paper" stuff, because there's so much parody and turnover in the NFL. I could see half those teams improving this year. As usual for the past several years, barring major injuries I'd be disappointed with anything less than 12-4.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/schedulereleasex160415/winners-losers-2016-nfl-schedule

Who has the best bye week?
Stop. Honest. If you're angry about having an early bye week because you want your team to get its week of rest later in the year, you're wasting your energy. History tells us that there is no meaningful relationship between the time when a team has its bye week and its eventual success. If anything, teams with early bye weeks seem to have been more successful, although I doubt the evidence is strong enough to make a definitive claim.

Who goes on the most forbidding road trip?
The NFL is typically very good about keeping teams away from spending weeks at a time on the road. There are the occasional multiweek trips to one coast or the other, but the vast majority of the league's teams go only two games before playing at home. The only exceptions are the Packers and Redskins, each of which go on three-game road trips at one point or another this season.
Of course, between the two of them, I think most people would pick the Packers and their schedule. No, not because they have Aaron Rodgers and the rest of the league doesn't. It's because the league made up for that three-game stretch for the Packers by giving them a whopping four-game homestand during the fall.

Back