Official Preseason Game 3 Green Bay vs Kansas City Thread

Burgers on the grill, tater salad, and just picked up some fresh sweet corn from a farm road side stand (always better, and cheaper) $3.50/doz

The nap part is for those of us in the Medicare Crowd, and “YES” I approved this message!!

Danno, I am not on Medicare quite yet but I still like naps. :cool: sh))

Tonight the Packers will put lipstick on the pig. The objective is to highlight a couple of guys they can possibly trade for 7th round conditional picks. In the process, they will try to hide at least two or three guys they want to cut, and bring back to the practice squad. The objective? Play it close to the vest.

We're gonna do brats with sauerkraut, potato salad, and beer tonight. Eat during the first half, nap during the second half, and read the score off the internet. It's kind of like binging a few episodes of The Andy Griffith Show.

Watson? I don't care if he plays to be honest. It's not going to tell me a thing. About all he'd be doing is trying to get the snap count right.
Agreed on Watson. He has had so little practice time you won't be able to tell much. Even if he plays well against the 4th string water boy it won't show much...

First 2 or 3 reg season games will be mighty interesting.

Agreed on Watson. He has had so little practice time you won't be able to tell much. Even if he plays well against the 4th string water boy it won't show much...

First 2 or 3 reg season games will be mighty interesting.
Questionable if you even have him as active player on 53 man roster first couple games.

He's likey the 6th WR to start year as he plays catch up and do you want the number 6 active on game day?

Will be interesting if GB trades a draft pick for a TE or RB. It seems both the 4th and 3rd RB are not special. Though that is usually not the GB MO to do that. Davis has been hyped all off-season by GB so despite playing awful will probably be given the 4th job and either Goodson or Taylor will be given the 3rd RB job despite both being just guys who could be replaced by anyone.
Goodson and Hill are awesome for a #3 and #4, imo. We'll see how they work it with Patrick.

We have a ton at RB, TE is where we are thin.

One of the problems for Gute & Coaches will be the relative inequity of skills for some position groups.

i.e. until Bahk and Jenkins return to form, the line group is kinda wifty. To my eye, Nijman, Myers, Runyan, and Tom are the core of what's there (past B & E), but the rest appear to be replaceable guys. Not impressed with Hansen or Memet as backup C's. Rhyan hasn't shown much yet, but I'll give him a bit of pass.

Lazard, Watkins, Cobb, Watson, Doubs are likely locks. Winfree and Toure should be IMO. Rogers is still on the bubble for me. He's improved, but I don't see that he's much more than OK.

TE's - not wild about any of them TBH. Lewis and Tonyan are locks, but how much does Lewis have in the tank? Deguara and Davis are just guys to me.

Safety is more of a concern than a couple of weeks ago, with injuries.

I'd keep Goodson as the #3 back. Kick the can down the road till Hill is available and see what they have then.

Tough calls for the DL and Linebackers. More keepers than available spots, I'd say. Some candidates there for the PS, but also some guys (Heflin, Slaton, Garvin, Jones) who might not make the 53, but who also might get snapped up by another team.

Quay Walker had a good outing. Looked real decisive, athletic and sure. Love looked like he could win a few games if he had to start. Goodson looks explosive.

Rasheed Walker looked steady as can be at tackle.

The kicker has a big leg. Looks good.

Zach Tom, another outing where he just holds his own.

Shemar Jean Charles feisty at corner

Toure made some plays

Some good things tonight

Will be essentially the same type of team as last year minus Adams. Dominate a bad division then not be able to get over the hump in the playoffs. Rinse...repeat...

Jake Hanson is listed as starter at RG by ESPN. If GB plans to start him this will get Rodgers hurt at some point.

Back