Official Preseason Game 3 Green Bay vs Buffalo Thread

I think Bak’s status is going to change shortly.
They won’t keep him on PUP to start the season, otherwise he sits out the first 6 weeks. Pretty much guarantees he’s not ready to start until around Week 8 of the season.
I think GB wants him back sooner than the mid-point of the season.

I think Bak’s status is going to change shortly.
They won’t keep him on PUP to start the season, otherwise he sits out the first 6 weeks. Pretty much guarantees he’s not ready to start until around Week 8 of the season.
I think GB wants him back sooner than the mid-point of the season.
Well only thing you can do otherwise is activate him off the PUP before Tuesday as he has to be on the active 53 by Tuesday at 3pm. After that you can then move him to the IR were he would have to sit out 3 games.

Reactions: TW
Well only thing you can do otherwise is activate him off the PUP before Tuesday as he has to be on the active 53 by Tuesday at 3pm. After that you can then move him to the IR were he would have to sit out 3 games.
Agreed.
But no one knows how close he is to being ready to practice.
Being on IR means no practice.
Bringing him off PUP and keeping him on the 53 may give them more flexibility as to when to begin easing him into some sort of flow

Would be a wise move if they think he'll be ready before the 6 weeks. I'm not sure about that though. I know it's a different time and these guys are in good shape pre-surgery but he is a big guy and it wouldn't surprise me if he needs another month and a half to be ready.

Would be a wise move if they think he'll be ready before the 6 weeks. I'm not sure about that though. I know it's a different time and these guys are in good shape pre-surgery but he is a big guy and it wouldn't surprise me if he needs another month and a half to be ready.
Only bad thing is you have to cut a guy you wanted to keep to keep Bak on active 53 and hope he does not get claimed before you can put Bak on IR and bring the guy back.

Only bad thing is you have to cut a guy you wanted to keep to keep Bak on active 53 and hope he does not get claimed before you can put Bak on IR and bring the guy back.
What happens if Bak comes back after week 6? Do they still have to cut a guy?

Yeah, it'll be a gamble. That's why they pay Gutey the big bucks. He'll make the call.

What happens if Bak comes back after week 6? Do they still have to cut a guy?
Yes. He would not count on active roster if left on PUP. After 6 weeks teams are allowed up to a 2 week practice window before they would need to activate him to the 53 man roster which then they would have to make a move to cut or move another player to the IR.

My impression of Jordan Love after one preseason: I see why they want to move on from Rodgers. I also see why they were desperate to get Rodgers back for at least one more season.

Back