Official Preseason Game 1 Green Bay vs San Francisco Thread

I agree, but I think what’s happening with him is, they’re taking a good hard look at him and giving him a chance to play his way OFF the team, which he may well be doing right now
It was ugly at times... he had at least 3 flags and was getting pushed around both at center and RG.

It was ugly at times... he had at least 3 flags and was getting pushed around both at center and RG.
If that’s the case I believe we’ll see a new combo there this week.

Do you have any impressions of Tom?

If that’s the case I believe we’ll see a new combo there this week.

Do you have any impressions of Tom?
He was just okay, looks like a rookie. I think he takes a roster spot. Wasn't mentioned but Ryan the rookie from UCLA was hurt last night. Honestly, we should be looking at the waiver wire for back up OT... we have guards but OT....nope

He was just okay, looks like a rookie. I think he takes a roster spot. Wasn't mentioned but Ryan the rookie from UCLA was hurt last night. Honestly, we should be looking at the waiver wire for back up OT... we have guards but OT....nope
Remember Mark all our OL can play guard or tackle we don't draft a player unless they can move to a different spot. This is a major flaw in GB's drafting they don't take the best OL on board they take the best verstile OL on the board.

Remember Mark all our OL can play guard or tackle we don't draft a player unless they can move to a different spot. This is a major flaw in GB's drafting they don't take the best OL on board they take the best verstile OL on the board.
Taking swing guys isn't a flaw...taking talented swing linemen is an art if you don't evaluate them correctly. Every bit of it goes back to our personal dept....including lack of depth and ST.

Just looked it up last time GB won a pre-season game was 8/29/19.

So my thoughts although this is just off my head on who stood out and who I thought looked bad. I haven't rewatched it yet which I plan to do this weekend:

Stock Up:

+Jack Heflin - Was in the backfield consistently and made plays when they needed to be made.

+Entire OL - I was surprised the pass protection wasn't a disaster and there were some open holes in the run game.

+ Danny Davis - He is just such solid guy and great addition to probably the practice squad.

+ Amari Rogers - Especially on special teams I thought he looked pretty good returning. He may never be a plus receiver so I don't know if he is a good enough returner to keep on.

+ Shemar Jean-Charles - I thought he played a pretty decent game. Stayed close to his guy when I saw him targeted and was also decent in run support.

+ Jordan Love - I thought outside of the first drive he looked pretty damn good. Two of those INT were not on him at all and the 3rd apparently there was 2 WRs that ran the wrong routes.

+ Isiah McDuffie - Played pretty decent and seemed to have his head in the special teams as well.

+ Chris Slayton - Big dude big.

+ Kiondre Thomas - Pretty impressed with him in coverage considering some of the struggles there.

Stock Unchanged

Romeo Doubs - The dude gets open but you have to catch balls and you cannot allow a DB to rip one away from you. I think this game showed his talent but I think the couple mistakes need to be cleaned up.

BJ Baylor - Caught a nice pass out of the backfield but something about him screams there are better backs on other teams PS.

Tyler Goodson - Some might disagree but I saw a guy who is pretty much an average RB. Nothing was special about his game but as an RB3 in a pinch probably could hold down the fort.

Pat O'Donnel - Punter punts but punts average for a punter to punt.

Juwan Winfree - Seems to make a couple plays that may get a first down but never anything special in his game.

Josiah Deguara - I thought he was pretty good but then looked pretty bad. Inconsistent but at least you see some of the talent that got him drafted.

Stock Down:

Ishamael Hyman - I thought he may be a dude to show up big in the preseason but didn't see anything.

Dallen Leavit - Got burned out of his shoes and then gets injured. Its unfortunate for him but as a safety you absolutely cannot allow someone over the top to get that wide open.

Rico Gafford - Ugly ugly game from him.

Gabe Brkic - Mason better be back or they need to bring in someone better when the season starts.

Ray Wilborn - Just didn't look good IMO.

Jake Hanson- cut him by Monday and move on.

Mark just looking likely best thing out there on FA market is 33 year old Bryan Bulaga Also out there Nate Solder and Eric Fisher.

Back