Official Game 1 GB vs Minnesota Thread

Just an honest question.

If we have one of the top cover CB’s in the NFL in Jaire, why are they asking him to play zone coverage?

Just an honest question.

If we have one of the top cover CB’s in the NFL in Jaire, why are they asking him to play zone coverage?
I guess because the other two aren't as good at it. I think Stokes and especially Douglas are better at off-man and certainly not zone, but playing aggressive press with either would be an adventure.

IMO the concern isn't so much the techniques but rather the game plan regarding possibly the best WR in the league right now. Barry acted like they didn't need to do anything special with him, very disrespectful. I'd rather adopt the Belichik approach where they determine that Jefferson will not beat them, game plan accordingly with coverage and recognition, and make them beat you with whoever else they have. Hell, Dom Capers was capable of doing this with Calvin Johnson. Baffling that they didn't seem to care where their best player on O went, they played coverage like it was pre-season.

Just an honest question.

Because that's the scheme they prefer.... you're supposed to match personal to scheme not scheme to personal unless you are forced to. There is a complete misunderstanding in this forum on defensive concepts.

PS several of those mistakes were on the safeties and the OLB not on the corners. People weren't understanding the rotation on the field.

Barry was right. Held the Vikings to 20 points, not counting a gimme FG on a turnover. Defense did well to hold that possession to 3, did their jobs.

Sean Payton, visibly sick of Aaron Rodgers' sh!t even tough he's not even his problem.

My only problem with the Rodgers situation is that the media, and people like Peyton just can't let it all go, and deal with football. It seems like everyone wants to be part of a renewal of the old soap opera, Days Of Our LIves!

My only problem with the Rodgers situation is that the media, and people like Peyton just can't let it all go, and deal with football. It seems like everyone wants to be part of a renewal of the old soap opera, Days Of Our LIves!
Does Rodgers’ attitude impact the football on the field?

Back