Official 2017 NFC Championship Game Thread : Green Bay vs Atlanta

Ultimately it always comes down to Arod. He continues his level of play they can win. Arod has a down day and needs the rest of team, defense, coaches, etc.. to step up they lose.

Last play to Cook against DAL says it all. Wasn't a well designed play or a brilliant strategy. Arod basically drew it in the sand in the huddle and said we'll figure it out on the fly...

ATL was 7th highest scoring offense in NFL history this year. DAL put up 31. I'll say GB will squeak out another victory on a late field goal. But I think it's more like 44-41...

#1 scoring offense (ATL) vs the # 21 scoring Defense.(GB)
# 4 scoring offense (GB) vs the number 27 scoring defense (ATL)

Seems like a pretty good matchup for both offenses.

#1 scoring offense (ATL) vs the # 21 scoring Defense.(GB)
# 4 scoring offense (GB) vs the number 27 scoring defense (ATL)

Seems like a pretty good matchup for both offenses.
Not sure that the Seahawks playoff is a good gauge but that Falcons defense looked awful fast and disciplined. Neither team is what they were when they first met. This game scares me more than Dallas because of the pints they can put up. They have talent and speed on the D side too.

Not sure that the Seahawks playoff is a good gauge but that Falcons defense looked awful fast and disciplined. Neither team is what they were when they first met. This game scares me more than Dallas because of the pints they can put up. They have talent and speed on the D side too.

Seattle OL is awful, it affects everything they do on O.

DAL v ATL offense it's pick your poison. DAL can control and bleed the clock and then finish with TDs. ATL more quick strike. My impression is that Dallas could have scored more points regularly but it wasn't the style of O. Both effective at winning games.

As has been the case since week 11, if the O doesn't put up 30 points it's not going to matter. Can't win otherwise.

Well here goes:
If we don't turn the ball over, protect AR like we have, and our d-line can hold their own at the line of scrimmage, we win. That means slowing down the run and getting Matt Ryan off his timing.
I agree with, rp. Atlanta defense does not have a good gage against a very average offense in Seattle. We are not Seattle offensively.
One other interesting fact. Atlanta's D has 34 sacks this year. Very average. Their O has given up 40. In top 5 in the league. This could be the difference in the ball game.
Lastly, Atlanta has given up 8 TDs and 1,000 yatds to TEs this year. Tied for 4th most in the league with Dallas. I see Cook having another huge game!

Last time we played the Falcons we did not have Cobb, Montgomery or Cook in the lineup. Whole different ballgame with those guys in the lineup. Should be able to score some points - can we make one more stop on D than them?

Our two FAs, Peppers and Cook, show how effective free agency can be and lead us in victory. Epiphany for TT. CMIII and Perry seem to get healthier by the week. Monty and Michael combine for 150+ yards rushing as we play keep away from Ryan and Jones. Falcons score a late TD, but we recover the onside kick and walk away winning 38-34.

I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour – his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear – is that moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle victorious.
Vince Lombardi

I like the way you think Dubz and I think your darn close on the score. These Packers are something special and are playing above their means. The offense will have to carry them one more time and I see more points scored by Arod in this game than the previous two playoff games. I'm up a few bucks over the last two games by taking the Packers and the over. I'm going to let it ride one more game and take the Pack and again the over 62. Arod will win the game in the final two minutes with the score 41 to 34. Let the fun begin.

Adams with the rehab group as well as Jordy and Burnett. Word is that Rollins is in the concussion protocol but practiced hard. Geronimo Allison not at practice. Undisclosed reason

The two hottest teams are playing. It's been a great run, however the Green Bay D a bit to beat up and that's the difference. 38-34 Atlanta :(

Way to go Oak hope it works again for the Pack. Just reading about Adams and not practicing until Sat. Think I will hold my bets until Sat. Go Pack cut down the oak.

Back