Official 2016 Week 9 Green Bay vs Indy Colts Thread

I wish I could be as optimistic. I think we win, but it's a squeaker near the end. The prevent offense and defense will create it.

this will always be the case with mike mccarthy at the helm. he always makes sure we don't win by too much. "just do enough to win" is his m.o. last week that backfired big time and we lost by one stinking point a game that we should have won.

this will always be the case with mike mccarthy at the helm. he always makes sure we don't win by too much. "just do enough to win" is his m.o. last week that backfired big time and we lost by one stinking point a game that we should have won.

What decision did MM make last week that prevented the Packers from winning the game? I thought he game planned it pretty well and unfortunately it didn't end well. MM didn't blow the coverage on the game winning TD. The only thing I can put on MM is not calling a timeout with 1 minute left to give the defense a chance to regroup and catch their breath. They were on their heels and not getting a stop.

Luck is the most sacked QB in the league this year, sacked a total of 31 times in 8 games. The Packers should be able to get pressure on him. The thing is he is still putting up good numbers despite the pressure so the D needs to capitalize on the turnover opportunities. They have to make the play when it's there. We have had so many tipped balls that looked like they could have been intercepted only to see them go off the finger tips and hit the ground. The game concerns me in that Indy's offensive strength is the Packers defensive weakness, the passing game. Now having Goodson in the concussion protocol and Rollins at best questionable. the secondary is worse off than we thought it was last week. I think the Packers still win but it won't be comfortable until the 4th quarter. 31-20 Packers.

Luck also is prone to turning the ball over. If we don't screw up with TOs of our own we should win this game.

What decision did MM make last week that prevented the Packers from winning the game?

the prevent nothing defense that the packers are so famous for that was used in the final four minutes. any team could have driven right down the field just like atlanta did. they needed to be aggressive and get one stop on defense and then the offense could have closed out the game in victory formation. instead, we went soft. okay, maybe that was dom capers' call, but mccarthy is his boss so i'm thinking he might have some say in the matter.

Packers are home. Offense seems to be clicking. Colts are banged up and their defense is in rough shape. Luck can be turnover prone when pressured (and their line isn't great).

Packers - 38
Colts - 24

What decision did MM make last week that prevented the Packers from winning the game? I thought he game planned it pretty well and unfortunately it didn't end well. MM didn't blow the coverage on the game winning TD. The only thing I can put on MM is not calling a timeout with 1 minute left to give the defense a chance to regroup and catch their breath. They were on their heels and not getting a stop.
I can't quite put my finger on one specific play, but the fact is we scored 24 first half points, the other team made adjustments and we scored ONE touchdown in the second half. It's just his M.O. He constantly gets out coached in the second half of games. It's the same sad story in almost every game.

I always chuckle when we win the toss and defer to the second half, MM should stop that and take the ball immediately!

edit- Had to go look it up. We've scored 13 points ALL YEAR in the 3rd quarter. One TD ALL YEAR and it was against the 1-5 Bears. I don't know how that is not coaching. The other teams seem to be able to adjust to whatever we were doing. I'd like to see somebody ask MM about that after a game.

Last edited:
Packers are home. Offense seems to be clicking. Colts are banged up and their defense is in rough shape. Luck can be turnover prone when pressured (and their line isn't great).

Packers - 38
Colts - 24

Luck's been sacked 31 times through 7 games so chances are good we'll get to him a few times on Sunday too.

I can't quite put my finger on one specific play, but the fact is we scored 24 first half points, the other team made adjustments and we scored ONE touchdown in the second half. It's just his M.O. He constantly gets out coached in the second half of games. It's the same sad story in almost every game.

I always chuckle when we win the toss and defer to the second half, MM should stop that and take the ball immediately!

edit- Had to go look it up. We've scored 13 points ALL YEAR in the 3rd quarter. One TD ALL YEAR and it was against the 1-5 Bears. I don't know how that is not coaching. The other teams seem to be able to adjust to whatever we were doing. I'd like to see somebody ask MM about that after a game.

That I can agree with. We never seem to come out strong in the 3rd quarter. I agree that is on coaching to a degree. But when you are talking about a couple drives in each 3rd qrtr. then it comes down to one or two missed plays or bad plays. We've seen dropped passes and fumbles and penalties kill drives that could have been extended. I am over MM for many of the same reasons many on here are but I don't put it all on him either.

Back