Official 2016 Week 8 Green Bay vs Atlanta Thread

The pass rush is going to be the key to this game. If we can get some pressure on Matt Ryan and have him revert back to the mediocre QB that he is, we could force a few turnovers. Julio is going to be Julio, so not much we can do there expect provide as much safety help as possible.

I'm still most concerned about our offense. Atlanta doesn't have a great defense, but that argument doesn't help when our offense hasn't been anything to write home about.

As much as it pains me to say, I think this game is going to resemble the Dallas game in many ways. It's a team we realistically should beat, but bad play calling and sloppy play will keep us out of it (until there's only 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter and we're down by 14 and our offense decides now is the time to look unstoppable).

They also need to clean up the fumbles, IMMEDIATELY. Rodgers has fumbled in several games this year, and Ty Montgomery might be even worse. The only reason we don't hear about Ty's is because he always gets lucky and the ball lands out of bounds. Obviously that's not a turnover, but if we're trusting him to own the backfield and middle of the field, he better hang on to the damn ball!

Good points Kraut. The Pack is a pitiful -2 in Give/Take. Tough to win consistently when you are losing the turn over battle. Aaron Rodgers is responsible for 3 Fumbles lost, 6 fumbles total and 4 INTs. He has to be better with the ball. Montgomery has 2 fumbles with one lost which doesn't seem bad but he has only touched the ball 40 times.

Without belaboring the points already made. Pack wins, Atlanta chases the whole game and Matt Ryan chalks up more meaningless statistics.
34-24.

packers can't wait 3 quarters to decide to play this week that's for sure.

Trap game for the Falcons though.. They're in a mini slump and a wounded Packers team comes to town.

Lower scoring than people will expect.. Not sure who wins. Leaning Falcons 21-17...

I truly don't know what to expect. Atlanta will get their yards and will score points for sure. But which offense in white jerseys is gonna show up? The one that has been sputtering for far too long or the one that finally showed up against Chicago in the second half a week ago? sh))

No way we score 41 points. The offense has not come close to that this year and we have played worse defenses than the Falcons. The defense would have to score 2 to 3 TD's for that to happen.

If I am wrong may I shave my head. :)

No way we score 41 points. The offense has not come close to that this year and we have played worse defenses than the Falcons. The defense would have to score 2 to 3 TD's for that to happen.

If I am wrong may I shave my head. :)

Who is a worse defense that GB has already played?

Atlanta is giving up 29 points a game and nearly 400 yards. No one the packers have played including Chicago are giving up that many yards or points. Look at it this way. Atlanta is scoring 32 points per game and is 4-3.

My bad, eye.

I thought Detroit was worse. They are barely ahead of Atlanta defensively. However in regards to 3rd down percentage, Atlanta is only giving up 42% and Detroit is giving up 51%. We scored 34 on the Lions but did nothing in the second half against a garbage defense. Oh and by the way, that was in Green Bay. This is in Atlanta.

I just don't see it.

Bottom line is my prediction is my opinion. Nothing more. Just a feeling is all.

zero GB turnovers and they force a couple and it's very possible

Back