NOT just because of his name.....

Certainly all you say is true, but I have to note, as in so many football discussions, that times have changed. Free agency, the cap and the big bucks mean, I think, that players that might work themselves into a job are way behind the kids that can possibly produce right away. If you've got the talent, teams are more likely to think they can teach you how to use it than to want to look for a hard worker. Players just have to produce more quickly now, and so the things that can't be taught, measureables, are more important. It pains me, but that's what I see.

Certainly all you say is true, but I have to note, as in so many football discussions, that times have changed. Free agency, the cap and the big bucks mean, I think, that players that might work themselves into a job are way behind the kids that can possibly produce right away. If you've got the talent, teams are more likely to think they can teach you how to use it than to want to look for a hard worker. Players just have to produce more quickly now, and so the things that can't be taught, measureables, are more important. It pains me, but that's what I see.

That's why a guy like TJ Watt makes sense. He has the measurables and the motor.

Back