No Favre comeback, 'but I could play'

I'm fine with Brett . . . old news now. Glad he's back in good stead with the organization. He's a Packer legend.

I did get a chuckle out of him thinking he can still play . . . what he means is that he can still "throw". Actually grinding through a season out on the field . . . not a chance. A flag football game on a Sunday afternoon . . . no problem.

You see it with a lot of the older guys who played QB in late 80s and early 90s. They can still show off all the throws (think Montana tossing footballs through a swinging tire at 20 yards), but they've not got the legs anymore.

My dad is almost 49, he played QB a little in college, and his arm is fine. It's the rest of him that can't play anymore :)

Your dad is only 48? Yikes! All of a sudden I feel ancient. :eek:

When Favre says "play," he means throw interceptions.

Your dad is only 48? Yikes! All of a sudden I feel ancient. :eek:

We also grew up wrestling, and to this day neither my brother or I get the best of my dad or our uncles 100% of the time. Those fat old guys with their extra 20+ years of technique...

Although, it is super fun to hit a move or get them in a spot where they know they're no longer quick/strong/flexible enough to keep up or resist and they just go limp. Very satisfying. Almost makes up for all those years of an extra hour of practice

You see it with a lot of the older guys who played QB in late 80s and early 90s. They can still show off all the throws (think Montana tossing footballs through a swinging tire at 20 yards), but they've not got the legs anymore.

My dad is almost 49, he played QB a little in college, and his arm is fine. It's the rest of him that can't play anymore :)
Those "old fat guys" AKA me are tad bit tougher then you young bucks think.... of course Brett won't ever play again. But look at some of the stinky back ups the last 3 years.... hell an old Favre is still better then half of them.

Those "old fat guys" AKA me are tad bit tougher then you young bucks think.... of course Brett won't ever play again. But look at some of the stinky back ups the last 3 years.... hell an old Favre is still better then half of them.

Nevermind backups, who would win more games with the Jets this year, Geno Smith or Brett Favre/Kurt Warner?

Heck, right now Brett's arm is stronger than Peyton Mannings'! ;)

Back