National pundits not buying Badgers as legit College Football Playoff team

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
It’s beginning already — the chorus of national pundits slamming the Wisconsin Badgers as not worthy of a College Football Playoff spot. According to Badger247, former Ohio State Buckeyes wide receiver, Joey Galloway, has already gone on record to stat that the Badgers do not belong in the College Football Playoff — even if that team is undefeated. Here is what Galloway had to say:...

Source

Continue reading...

Galloway has always been bitter against Wisconsin. I'm not certain why, except for his being a Buckeye. I do know he's notorious as being a homer. Just about every year he figures one of the OSU backs is the Heisman Trophy winner.

He's salty because Ohio State has one loss already and can't afford another. He probably thinks if the Bucknuts can't get to the playoff from the B1G (whether they lose to Penn State or Wisconsin) then nobody else should.

Unlikely to the point of lunacy if Penn St goes undefeated and gets left out, debatable if same happens to Wisconsin.

13-0 Wisconsin's only win over a team that finished the season ranked would be the loser of the B1G championship game. Funny enough, a 13-0 Alabama team could be in the same boat.

I just deleted a whole long write up of scenarios and explanations, because there's a lot of season left. Lots of things could happen yet.

Right now it's a beauty contest. We haven't even reached swimsuits. That will be the last couple of weeks when we face Michigan in Madison, then travel to Minnesota to play the Gophers. Those are going to be tough games, and it could get rocky for the Badgers.

Winning the West would still be easy enough, but going unbeaten, and meeting either OSU or Penn State in the championship game - in my opinion - the winner of that game deserves to be in the playoffs, whether the southeastern sports gurus like it or not. This damned strangle hold that all teams in the SEC are good because Alabama is, is pure garbage. Auburn has up years, and down years. Clemson has ups and downs. Alabama doesn't because of their recruiting practices, which should be investigated. I've never seen so many people getting government jobs as relatives of Alabama football players. You'd almost think there was something hazy there..................

Back