Mike Sherman - High School football coach

TW

Reaction score
In 2015, Mike Sherman began a short stint as the Nauset high school head football coach. It lasted for 11 games.

They were a bad team when he got there, and ended up worse than they were, when he left.

His record? 1-10-0. He may be the worst guy I've ever seen as a head coach.

In 2015, Mike Sherman began a short stint as the Nauset high school head football coach. It lasted for 11 games.

They were a bad team when he got there, and ended up worse than they were, when he left.

I read his record was 4-18 in 2 seasons at Nauset. He wasn't the best coach ever but to say he's the worst isn't fair either. He was in the playoffs 4 years in a row with Green Bay and left with a 57–39 regular season record and a 2–4 postseason record.

His teams in Green Bay broke offensive records and were fine until they lost 3 pro bowlers early in the 2005 season and he finished 4-12. He wasn't a great General Manager and that is what I remember.

Now I see he's a partner in some athlete training facility.

He wasn't a great General Manager and that is what I remember.

mike-sherman-sleeping.jpg

Mike Sherman was an OK coach IMO. He wasn't great by any means, but solid. His real problems were as a general manager. He was awful. Trading up for a punter and then he sucked he couldn't admit his mistake and kept two punters on the roster. That was all time bad.

It was a colossal mistake to have him coach and GM. Only a select few can pull that off and he’s not one of them. I think MM is a better coach and program manager than Sherman, and who in their right mind would let MM both coach and GM at the same time?

It was a colossal mistake to have him coach and GM. Only a select few can pull that off and he’s not one of them. I think MM is a better coach and program manager than Sherman, and who in their right mind would let MM both coach and GM at the same time?

I think MM has even said that's something he would never want as it's to much of a time commitment and he already as enough on his plate as a HC.

Back