OLB-Perry
ILB-Ryan
ILB-Kuechly
OLB-Miller

CB-Munnerlyn
CB-Claiborne
S-Clinton-Dix
S-Burnett

That should be sufficient, yeah? Like others have said, only a few pieces away!

Lets put it this way. Two good CBs this year and the Packers probably win 2 or 3 more games. Maybe have home field and could be playing this Sunday for all the marbles. I'm don't have a crystal ball to tell you what next year's D looks like but it must have some better CBs. How far away from winning it all do you think they were this year? What do you see them needing to do in order to make a serious run?

The fact that they were one game away from the Super Bowl with the D they had is why I said what I said.

What I was trying to get at was, if they don't need to revamp the D, where should they look? Your suggestion about CBs is a good place to start - hard to come up with two good ones, but agree that they're needed. Safety, after several really dark years, doesn't seem to be a position of need right now, but I remember saying that about WR and CB before, and look what happened. :) They don't play a whole lot of DLinemen. but aside from Daniels, is there anyone that scares the other team? ILB seems to be 'if the new kids can improve...'. OLB seems to be can/should Peppers try again, can/should Matthews come back from injury and earn that seven figures, is Jones ever going to measure up to the #1 pick, can Perry shine without CMIII, is Elliot going to be a perennial tease? In other words, I'd say that the D actually could use pretty close to a revamping. If there are some of the positions I mentioned that you feel are in good shape, which and who?

What I was trying to get at was, if they don't need to revamp the D, where should they look? Your suggestion about CBs is a good place to start - hard to come up with two good ones, but agree that they're needed. Safety, after several really dark years, doesn't seem to be a position of need right now, but I remember saying that about WR and CB before, and look what happened. :) They don't play a whole lot of DLinemen. but aside from Daniels, is there anyone that scares the other team? ILB seems to be 'if the new kids can improve...'. OLB seems to be can/should Peppers try again, can/should Matthews come back from injury and earn that seven figures, is Jones ever going to measure up to the #1 pick, can Perry shine without CMIII, is Elliot going to be a perennial tease? In other words, I'd say that the D actually could use pretty close to a revamping. If there are some of the positions I mentioned that you feel are in good shape, which and who?

I feel like the D line is in good shape with Guion, Daniels and Clark. I feel like the OLBs will be OK with Perry/Matthews and we need to draft one for sure. I feel the safeties are fine right now. I feel like the ILB core group is solid, could use some speed but overall not a huge problem. I put the season's defensive woes on the CB situation. Injuries, 2nd year players not progressing, poor coaching of technique, and players playing out of position all figure in to that equation. I truly think they can have a top 10 defense with some solid, shut down corner play.

I feel like the D line is in good shape with Guion, Daniels and Clark. I feel like the OLBs will be OK with Perry/Matthews and we need to draft one for sure. I feel the safeties are fine right now. I feel like the ILB core group is solid, could use some speed but overall not a huge problem. I put the season's defensive woes on the CB situation. Injuries, 2nd year players not progressing, poor coaching of technique, and players playing out of position all figure in to that equation. I truly think they can have a top 10 defense with some solid, shut down corner play.

I think Matthews is a shell of himself and won't ever be close to what he once was. IMO Matthews needs to go to ILB that's were he would best be used. If Perry wants 8-9 million a year I let him walk because I am not sold on him being a contract year guy. So IMO we need to see if Fackrell can play at OLB and add 2-3 other OLBs.

First, Crease Creature.....NOT Munnerly. All the rest ok, but no Captain!

Second, it's not easy to get veteran FAs to come here. Remember that Woodson didn't want to come here and it took God to tell Reggie to come here. Peppers came for the opportunity to compete for a Super Bowl and that Trgovic coached him waaaay back when he was a rook.

Anyway...Shields, Jones and Hyde are gone. (hopefully Jones and Hyde can score us some comp picks down the road). OLB Melvin Ingram from San Diego would be my top target. We need a quality edge rusher and a good pass rush helps the DBs too. $12-14M a year? Maybe a 'B' level CB in FA. Then to the draft. First two rounds would be a CB/LB combo (unless OJ Howard is available in 1). Might have to trade up in second to secure the second half of that combo.
LBs- Watt, Jared Davis, Hassan Reddick
CBs- Sid Jones, T. White, Jourdan Lewis, Quincy Jones
All three LBs have that attitude I'm looking for. There is always the possibility R Foster might fall also. Still looking for a Monster in the middle, whether S or LB. Also would like to see a large DL late in the draft to spell in the rotation. (Raji Return?)

One more thing....Draft A. Renkhow, Punter from Idaho. He can kick in a pinch too. Cold weather punter. Our special teams need some investment and he would be a good start. He reminds me of Hentrich.

LE-Watt
NT-Clark
RE-Daniels

OLB-Perry
ILB-Ryan
ILB-Kuechly
OLB-Miller

CB-Munnerlyn
CB-Claiborne
S-Clinton-Dix
S-Burnett

That should be sufficient, yeah? Like others have said, only a few pieces away!

Kuechly, Watt, Claiborne combined would be incredible but the 40 million it would take per year isn't available.

Not to mention Kuechly and Watt are both under contract for a few more years.

Kuechley is quickly moving into Sam shields territory with the concussions

McGinn and others again expose something huge about TT...

What is TT's answer to defensive issues? A CB group with zero long term experience at the position. I know we harp on assistant coaches not developing players. But what about these guys past even shows they can develop into starter quality NFL CBs? Sure they flashed here and there. But as we all noted their technique is horrible. Which is not surprising, because they came into the NFl without hardly any technique at the CB position. And I don't believe playing S and playing CB are that interchangeable without some great coaching.

TT can't rely solely on the draft and choose guys who don't already have experience at their positions. We've seen it time and again. This is why GB doesn't win another title while he's around.

McGinn and others again expose something huge about TT...

What is TT's answer to defensive issues? A CB group with zero long term experience at the position. I know we harp on assistant coaches not developing players. But what about these guys past even shows they can develop into starter quality NFL CBs? Sure they flashed here and there. But as we all noted their technique is horrible. Which is not surprising, because they came into the NFl without hardly any technique at the CB position. And I don't believe playing S and playing CB are that interchangeable without some great coaching.

TT can't rely solely on the draft and choose guys who don't already have experience at their positions. We've seen it time and again. This is why GB doesn't win another title while he's around.

You can win solely on the draft..actually in theory you could fix this mess this way. Trade away your 1/2 nd next yr to move up this yr and land 2 top play makers on D and then hit on at least 3 solid guys who can step in and contribute and provide depth. This requires you to not covet future picks and to pick players who were solid power 5 guys in college though.tc(

Back