McGinn Article On GB losing Lang Etc

mason crosby got his third contract last year.
before that, it was jordy nelson (2014).

those are the only two that i know of. but there might be others who are no longer with the team.

Nick Perry got a third contract. Rookie deal, 1 year deal, now 5 year deal

It was apparent to me when he traded up for Spriggs and drafted Murphy last year that their were some OLine changes coming. Just came a year earlier than I expected with the Sitton release. Never expected Lang to re-sign here. Will it work out is another question altogether

Ted's a tight wad no doubt about it but at times he's saved our ass being one. I tend to agree with 44blitz that dumping both start OG in 12 months is odd though. I think 9 mil a yr for an old Lang is overpaying but they better have a solution that works or McGinn and the press will crucify TT/MM all season long.

One thing about McGinn his stuff generates a good discussion if nothing else. ;)

Alright the off season drama i've been waiting for!! Division amongst the coaching and front office!!! The titantic has hit the iceberg!!! Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!!!!!!

jawdrop)nailbite)jawdrop)nailbite)jawdrop)nailbite)jawdrop)nailbite)

I honestly don't think it's all that smart as Lang had some exceptional attributes on that line that can't be readily replaced however 9 million was a steep price.

This is it in a nutshell.. I'm not sure this gamble pays off. But time will tell. You can deal with losing Sitton because you still have Lang as the old stalwart leader who plays above his level. Now you've lost both and who provides leadership? Who left has proven that they have that level of leadership and ability?

This is another one of those on paper moves. Sure it makes sense on paper. But only time will tell if it pans out in the trenches....

Nick Perry got a third contract. Rookie deal, 1 year deal, now 5 year deal

Not to nitpick (although it will sound that way :)), but my immediate reaction to the original question of Packer third contracts was a rookie contract and a subsequent contract, both played out and THEN a third. Using that terminology, I would think there are very few, even league-wide. Figuring most rookies are 21-22 years old, the first contract is 4-5 years, and a 'real' renewal is about four years, then most would be pushing 30. It would have to be at a position that can normally function well into the 30s (OL, QB) and valuable enough to merit the big bucks expected on a third contract.

Perry's second contract was really just the option year of his rookie signing, and if anyone asked, my knee-jerk reaction would be that he's on his second. I don't really think of a 'prove it' or other one-year contract as a real contract in the sense of re-signing.

Much ado about nothing, but just wanted to put it out there.

Perry's second contract was really just the option year of his rookie signing, and if anyone asked, my knee-jerk reaction would be that he's on his second. I don't really think of a 'prove it' or other one-year contract as a real contract in the sense of re-signing.

well, that's why i didn't really think of him when i was trying to recall 3-contract players. but technically, perry is on his third contract.

typical article to get fans all up in arms. While there is a lot of truth and facts in the numbers here its a little over the top.

we are talking guards here. not tackles, not wrs, not pass rushers.... guards. I hate the fact we lost 3 starter type interior guys in less then a year but the sky isn't falling. I loved lang and wanted him to stay. he was a warrior and deserved another contract. sucks, but he made bank in Detroit. horrible contract on the lions part.

Tretter also got paid. For a guy that is never healthy the browns are putting a lot of trust in him.

Sitton's situation caught everyone off guard. Would have been nice to move him and get something for him but Taylor filled in nicely and man the bares still sucked.

Yea I support Ted but I also don't wear the blinders. Could he do better. Hell yes, but tell me outside of maybe 2 or 3, which other gm is doing a better job year in and out?? This article claims we should be spending money to bring in that guy to help us win. Just like when fans scream this and I ask who is that player. Its always crickets. It is easy to point that ted is cheap (which we can agree he does pinch pennies) but what over priced FA are we wanting? A few of those FA dbs over the last few years got paid and played like garbage. (Maxwell, Byrd, even Norman who didn't have a bad year didn't save the skins d)

we have a few young guys that need to get paid next year in Adams and HaHa. We spent money on Perry and Locking in Bak was huge (hes a top 5 tackle!!)

the pats went 10 year between super bowl wins. I want a title every year but that's not realistic.

Again, this article does make some good points but overall the sky isn't falling. Enjoy the draft tomorrow. Lets land 3 pro bowlers in this class br)cheesehead)

typical article to get fans all up in arms. While there is a lot of truth and facts in the numbers here its a little over the top.

we are talking guards here. not tackles, not wrs, not pass rushers.... guards. I hate the fact we lost 3 starter type interior guys in less then a year but the sky isn't falling. I loved lang and wanted him to stay. he was a warrior and deserved another contract. sucks, but he made bank in Detroit. horrible contract on the lions part.

Tretter also got paid. For a guy that is never healthy the browns are putting a lot of trust in him.

Sitton's situation caught everyone off guard. Would have been nice to move him and get something for him but Taylor filled in nicely and man the bares still sucked.

Yea I support Ted but I also don't wear the blinders. Could he do better. Hell yes, but tell me outside of maybe 2 or 3, which other gm is doing a better job year in and out?? This article claims we should be spending money to bring in that guy to help us win. Just like when fans scream this and I ask who is that player. Its always crickets. It is easy to point that ted is cheap (which we can agree he does pinch pennies) but what over priced FA are we wanting? A few of those FA dbs over the last few years got paid and played like garbage. (Maxwell, Byrd, even Norman who didn't have a bad year didn't save the skins d)

we have a few young guys that need to get paid next year in Adams and HaHa. We spent money on Perry and Locking in Bak was huge (hes a top 5 tackle!!)

the pats went 10 year between super bowl wins. I want a title every year but that's not realistic.

Again, this article does make some good points but overall the sky isn't falling. Enjoy the draft tomorrow. Lets land 3 pro bowlers in this class br)cheesehead)
Well said. thumbsup

Exactly what I would expect from MGinn. I think we will figure it out, and be alright. It's the defense that scares me.

Sitton's situation caught everyone off guard. [bcolor=#0000ff][/bcolor]

Again, this article does make some good points but overall the sky isn't falling.

Line 1 - Did you really mean to do that? :)

Line 2 - I want one every that it's reasonable to expect a Lombardi, but I'd be much less vocal as a Pats fan. Yes, there was a drought of wins in the middle, but for the 15 years that Brady has played there, they've been in seven and won five. If, for Rodgers' nine years, we'd had 4-5 appearances and three wins, I doubt if there would be any of Negative Nellies.

Line 3 - Certainly, with some very realistic improvements and some worth hoping for, this could be a championship team. However, (1) Rodgers and Father Time plus (2) fool me once... both lend themselves to at least thinking we're in a hailstorm.

No offense - how we look at the team, its history and chances going forward is as subjective as it gets.

Back