McGinn’s Grading the Packers: Another solid season for QB Aaron Rodgers, but can he perform better?

I just don't see the Packers being a bit worried about QB. I think they believe Boyle can be a good "caretaker," which is what so many guys do well, in a back up role. We saw that around the league over the last few years, and some of those guys moved on and became starters elsewhere. I hate putting it this way, but he can do well within a "system" that he's adept at running.

They may dip their pinky in the water around the 6th or 7th round, but I doubt before that.

I don't think they're going to go into the draft with one guy in mind when their pick comes up. I think they will have about 30 guys on their "want list," and if the see two or three are available when the pick, they might even opt to trade that pick down to round 2, with added picks. Especially if the athletic guys are all off the board.

The order in which they've placed their priority in the first round? I haven't got a clue, and I don't think they do either at this point. What happens with free agency, and resigning players, could dramatically change the direction they go, to fill needs, as well as improvement. It's also dictated by how freely teams start throwing around free agent offers, and when they start doing reaches on the board, to fill specific needs. So much can change.

If it was me, I'd go offensive line, TE, CB/S, DL, and from there on in.... best guy out there, regardless of position, hoping to hit pay dirt with a guy who didn't chart well.

If there's a guy they could develop and trade for a high pick they might take him. But I do think they like Boyle as a backup/game manager.

If there's a guy they could develop and trade for a high pick they might take him. But I do think they like Boyle as a backup/game manager.
#1 Game mangers do not win championships, not unless you have a stud defense that can carry you #2 if you pick at guy at 30 or even round 2 or 3 you are not developing him to trade him, not at Rodgers age, thats your guy in 2022 or 2023 or beyond.... or at the least hoping that the guy. As in most years it's going to depend how the board falls and sometimes strange things happen. I have always advocated drafting a QB every year if possible, the pool is that thin that you quantity is almost as critical as quality

I don't want a game manager either. I want a "leader" who the other players will look to when the game is on the line. Someone who has the capacity to make those on the field with him play at a higher level than they think they can.

I like what I'm reading about James Morgan (FIU). If he's still on the board in the 5th, I think he could be a player that you could hand over the reins to in 2-3 years.

I've read good things about him at Walterfootball.com and thedraftnetwork.com.

He had a solid week at the East-West Shrine game, and they think if he has a good Combine he could rise.

If he was there in the 5th, I'd take a chance.

James Morgan/FIU

My other guy would be Anthony Gordon (Wazzu) in the 4th.

I don't want a game manager either. I want a "leader" who the other players will look to when the game is on the line. Someone who has the capacity to make those on the field with him play at a higher level than they think they can.

I like what I'm reading about James Morgan (FIU). If he's still on the board in the 5th, I think he could be a player that you could hand over the reins to in 2-3 years.

I've read good things about him at Walterfootball.com and thedraftnetwork.com.

He had a solid week at the East-West Shrine game, and they think if he has a good Combine he could rise.

If he was there in the 5th, I'd take a chance.

James Morgan/FIU

My other guy would be Anthony Gordon (Wazzu) in the 4th.
Pass on both especially Gordon. Air Raid offense guy, not a great arm. Either is fine to look at as a backup but I don’t see NFL starter in either.

Back