McCarthy says offensive communication was 'horrendous' in first half

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Packers coach Mike McCarthy didn't mince words when he described a first half in which the offense gained just 97 yards and averaged about 3 yards per play.

Continue reading...

"We're right where I wanted to be, right where we need to be," he said.

FP( because playing a first half that looked like you were still in pre-season in week 15 is right where you need to be to make a playoff run...

He's now back in control and this is all on him.

Interesting that Rodgers says they don't have a clear cut direction.

When you're still having communication issues in wk 15, that points to one of, or a combination of, the following issues:

1. You need a major shakeup in the coaching staff, b/c it all starts with their ability to explain things and break down the details, and such things aren't on the players
  2. Something is wrong with the system, its too complex for the coaches to explain, and it takes way too long to get the players up to a proper understanding.
  3. You've got the dumbest bunch of WRs in the league, which added to their physical limitations, cripples the offense.
That's my guess.

No one respects the Packers offense right now. The Raiders were playing to stop the run and saying go ahead try to pass we don't think your good enough. For the most part they were right. These WR's are awful. They are slow can't seperate and can't hang onto the ball. Don't know whats Cobb's deal this year. Cobb has done nothing this year.

I noticed Arod in his post game presser praised Abbey as a good route runner who needs to play more...

When you're still having communication issues in wk 15, that points to one of, or a combination of, the following issues:

1. You need a major shakeup in the coaching staff, b/c it all starts with their ability to explain things and break down the details, and such things aren't on the players
  2. Something is wrong with the system, its too complex for the coaches to explain, and it takes way too long to get the players up to a proper understanding.
  3. You've got the dumbest bunch of WRs in the league, which added to their physical limitations, cripples the offense.
That's my guess.

""The communication was horrendous. We had headset problems and it was ridiculous."

maybe i misunderstood what he meant by headset problems.

""The communication was horrendous. We had headset problems and it was ridiculous."

maybe i misunderstood what he meant by headset problems.

I didn't know they were playing at Gillette stadium? Was Belichik at the game? :cool:

the nfl has been having problems with the headsets all year. where have you guys been? multi-billion dollar business that can't even get the simple things right.

Back