Matthew Stafford

eyecatcher

Reaction score
Well Stafford is now the highest paid NFL player in history.
5 years $135 million
$50 million signing bonus
$92 million guaranteed
works out to about $27 million/year.
Not bad for a guy with no playoff wins.
Top 5 paid QBs are Stafford, Carr, Luck, Brees and Cousins. They have a combined 10 playoff wins and Brees owns 6 of them.
Tom Brady has 25 playoff wins and makes $14 million/year.

To me, Stafford is the typical guy who isn't all that good, but has played well enough to be considered dependable, therefore, worth a lot of money. He's an Eli Manning, Flacco, Smith, type of guy, but not someone who lights it up regularly enough to be called a super star QB.

Personally, I wouldn't want him as a QB, unless you plan on being a bridesmaid year after year.

To me, Stafford is the typical guy who isn't all that good, but has played well enough to be considered dependable, therefore, worth a lot of money. He's an Eli Manning, Flacco, Smith, type of guy, but not someone who lights it up regularly enough to be called a super star QB.

Personally, I wouldn't want him as a QB, unless you plan on being a bridesmaid year after year.
I think Stafford is an above average QB. He's much better then Flacco and Smith.

Personally, I wouldn't want him <Stafford> as a QB, unless you plan on being a bridesmaid year after year.
That's what I say about Capers as a DC.

Sorry, off topic...

It's all relative. The sad thing is that yes, Stafford is one of the best QB's in the league. And the Qb pool, including upcoming college players, sucks so bad that you have to pay Stafford big $$ or risk ending up like CLE or BUF....

Back