Lack of Superbowls Staining Packer's Legacy

What is the greatest difference between the Patriots and the Packers?

Coaching? Clutch QB? Personnel decisions? Drafting?

I give the Patriots the edge in coaching and personnel. I give the Packers the edge in QB and Draft. So why don't the Packers have more Super Bowl appearances and wins.

DEFENSE!!!

Every time Brady has made it to the Super Bowl they have had a top 10 defense. How many times have the Packers had a top 10 defense since Rodgers has been here? Twice and they won the Super Bowl in one of them.

What is the greatest difference between the Patriots and the Packers?

Coaching? Clutch QB? Personnel decisions? Drafting?

I give the Patriots the edge in coaching and personnel. I give the Packers the edge in QB and Draft. So why don't the Packers have more Super Bowl appearances and wins.

DEFENSE!!!

Every time Brady has made it to the Super Bowl they have had a top 10 defense. How many times have the Packers had a top 10 defense since Rodgers has been here? Twice and they won the Super Bowl in one of them.

Though considering how many picks TT spends on DEF, the fact they never have a god one probably means that he doesn't have the edge in drafting... ;)

Joking aside you make a great point. GB's defense not traditionally been good enough to handle the top teams. And when you get to that level Arod can't always outscore opponents on his own.

Patriots get players to buy into the team. You see players willing to play cheaper there for a chance at ring(s) then get a bigger payday elsewhere. If the player is all about the money that player seems to find his way off the team sooner rather then later. I don't see that anywhere else in the league right now.

Though considering how many picks TT spends on DEF, the fact they never have a god one probably means that he doesn't have the edge in drafting... ;)

Joking aside you make a great point. GB's defense not traditionally been good enough to handle the top teams. And when you get to that level Arod can't always outscore opponents on his own.

I don't remember where I posted it but I had shown how many players Belichick missed on compared to TT and he missed more often. That's why I gave the edge to the Packers.

I don't remember where I posted it but I had shown how many players Belichick missed on compared to TT and he missed more often. That's why I gave the edge to the Packers.

Ya I can agree on that.. Belichik also views FA as a sort of mini draft where he signs a lot of players to mid to low tier contracts that make it easy to cut them if they don't work out. He goes through volume to find the pieces to his team. It's not that Belichik is some sort of guru that hits gold on every player.

Interesting views. Hard to disagree with any of it. Maybe it's a mix of all of it? Also, maybe the Pats are doing something under the table we don't see? Not thinking about a Louisville University situation with hookers, but more in line with perks off the field that are meaningful to players, and ends up saving them a lot of money. That happened out in San Francisco with deBartolo. Perks were there, if they wanted them, and they took them, and stuck with the team.

I agree with cheese and eye. Our defense has been horrible most of the time we've had these great offenses. We've listened to the excuses about injuries, rebuilding due to free agency, etc. None of it washes. Year after year, teams put together decent defenses, yet we can't? I've said it before - still believe it - Capers is no longer a leader in development of the 3-4 defense, and McCarthy is too willing to give him a pass. He should have been fired.

McCarthy is too much into this "family" thing.

I also believe the current streak of six playoffs without a single SB is theirs, alone.

Back