Joe Rudolph to Virginia Tech

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Heard this was happening this weekend from folks at VT,now today this>>

Sources tell FootballScoop Wisconsin offensive line coach Joe Rudolph is a strong candidate to join Brent Pry's staff. Jeff Potrykus has shared similar. Sources tell FootballScoop Rudolph is expected to have run game coordinator role as well.

If PC is smart he lets him walk and gets a better OL coach.tc(

Was Rudolph's contract up and PC maybe told him if he get's a offer go take it?

Was Rudolph's contract up and PC maybe told him if he get's a offer go take it?
I don't think so, based on everything I read it seems like Joe has hit a wall at UW, if he wants to move up anywhere he has to get out of PC shadow plus and I am speculating...he's grown stale. Win/Win for all parties because his offense hasn't been stellar at either.

Could be good for both guys.

Do you know what he's going to do at VT?

Is there anyone on the staff PC might like and promote or will he go outside of the team?

I'd be OK with them moving Bob Bostad from inside linebackers to OL if that works out for everyone. He He did a nice job coaching the OL when he was in that position before at Wisconsin.

I'd be OK with them moving Bob Bostad from inside linebackers to OL if that works out for everyone. He He did a nice job coaching the OL when he was in that position before at Wisconsin.
Would likely be best choice if they stayed in house he's had nearly 25 years coaching OL

Bostad’s Coaching Career
1990-91: Offensive Line, UW-Stevens Point
1992-94: Graduate Assistant (Offensive Line), Minnesota
1995-96: Offensive Line, California State Northridge
1997: Offensive Line, San Jose State
1998: Co-Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line, San Jose State
1999-2005: Offensive Line, New Mexico
2006-07: Tight Ends, Wisconsin
2008-11: Offensive Line, Wisconsin
2012-13: Offensive Line, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2014-15: Offensive Line, Tennessee Titans
2016: Tight Ends/Fullbacks, Northern Illinois
2017-present: Inside Linebackers, Wisconsin

We need a solid offensive line coach whose roots are in the South, and can recruit down there. I hope they're looking for that kind of guy.

We need a solid offensive line coach whose roots are in the South, and can recruit down there. I hope they're looking for that kind of guy.
They could sure use the recruiting inroads, not sure PC has those connections. It will be interesting how this all plays out.

Back