Jared Abbrederis earns lofty praise from McCarthy

i'm in the camp that says keep 7 wr. i think we can do it easily since there will only be two quarterbacks and one fullback on the roster (that gives us two more slots on offense than last year). i'm not saying that they will, but it wouldn't be that difficult.if you're really going to be true to mm's philosophy of keeping the best 53 players, it isn't that far out of the question.

Talking to people on Facebook on this who are convinced Packers will keep 7 WR's because Abbrederis is too good to cut and that he's the 4th WR on the depth chart. LOL I swear people become huge homers of anyone who plays for the Badgers then plays for the Packers.

Perhaps because there have been so few former Badgers in green and gold recently?

What are the chances Montgomery starts the season on PUP?

Has he not been telling people he should be ready to go up TC? Also I thought MM has said he expects everyone to be ready by TC but one person and I thought that might be Cook with his foot surgery.

MM says this stuff but then things don't go as planned. I could see a scenario where Camp starts and Nelson, Monty and Cook are not fully ready. Of course part of that might just be a ploy to keep guys from playing in the extra exhibition.

I have doubts that they will keep 7 BUT it wouldn't have to be at the expense of the TE position. I agree with realitybytes. Here is how it "could" play out on offense position-wise. They don't need to go with only 2 TEs. (GBP - Tell those Facebookers they need to count . . . ;).)
QBx2
FBx1
RBx3
TEx3
WRx7
OLx9
That's 25. The key is only going with one fullback this year, unlike last year. I also believe they only go with two quarterbacks and keep the 3rd one on the practice squad since neither of the guys in camp after Rodgers and Hundley seems roster worthy and both would likely make it to the PS. It's doable and not all that big a stretch either. I just suspect that is not how it will play out but I could be very wrong.

Back