Jared Abbrederis earns lofty praise from McCarthy

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
As the majority of receiver-based headlines focused on Jordy Nelson’s knee and Jeff Janis’ role, Jared Abbrederis glided through the off-season in relative obscurity. Until the final day of minicamp Thursday.

Continue reading...

Good to hear, but we often get these kind of articles in May and June, and then the next thing you know there is an injury or come camp they end up buried. I'd love to see the guy make it because he is a sound route runner, but it'll be a battle with all the depth they have now. Biggest thing for him will be staying healthy. Unless they keep 7, I'm not sure who they would cut to keep him. Jordy and Cobb are locks. Adams and Monty are recent high picks and seem pretty safe. Janis makes it for special teams if nothing else, and there is no way they cut Davis in year 1 unless he's an utter flop.. That's 6 already. Hard to see how this will play out with him making the 53. Hopefully if he's cut he gets a shot somewhere.

Abby is a favorite of TT/MM and also is well liked through out the locker room and trusted by Rodgers. That gives him an edge a couple others don't have. tc(

It's off season training I'd be more interested if MM unloaded on someone who showed up overweight and called out guys for not doing enough... This is fluff time. Also time to talk up everyone, cause if they only keep 5 Abbey could be trade bait. Gotta talk up everyone.

Abby is a favorite of TT/MM and also is well liked through out the locker room and trusted by Rodgers. That gives him an edge a couple others don't have. tc(

He was cut last year at end of TC. So IMO he is not that safe. Right now he might be the 7th guy on the depth chart with the Packers likely keeping 5-6 WR's.

Talking to people on Facebook on this who are convinced Packers will keep 7 WR's because Abbrederis is too good to cut and that he's the 4th WR on the depth chart. LOL I swear people become huge homers of anyone who plays for the Badgers then plays for the Packers.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Every town, state and team has a yearning for a home town hero.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Every town, state and team has a yearning for a home town hero.

Yeah but people tend to look through rose colored glasses at those players though.

Big fight for the 3, 4, 5 and 6 WR spots between Janis, Abby, Adams, Montgomery and Davis. Shaping up to be an exciting training camp/pre-season battle!

Big fight for the 3, 4, 5 and 6 WR spots between Janis, Abby, Adams, Montgomery and Davis. Shaping up to be an exciting training camp/pre-season battle!

I think spots 1-2 are locked and if Montgomery is healthy 3-4 and are locked with Adams and him. I think Davis is locked into spot 6. Leaves spot 5 open. But never know a guy goes down in camp again then there won't be a guy cut out of this group. But this is going to be the first TC Abbrderis can play in for the whole thing if he stays healthy in 3 years so will he step up and grab the brass ring? WR wise Abbrederis is probably a more polished route runner but Janis is a ST ace so that I think weighs more heavily towards him.

Talking some people think we should keep 7 WR and only go 2 TE's to me that's foolish. Cook will be coming off a injury and Rodgers is average TE. Only keeping 2 is a risk if one goes down in a game. Also at 7 WR it likely means you are going to deactive 1 if not 2 of them every week and that's not worth it if you plan to deactive a guy every week.

Back