Jack Coan to transfer

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
per espn Madison, Badgers QB Jack Coan is entering the portal as a graduate transfer.

He missed this season with a foot injury. Made 18 starts in his career, most notably the Pin Stripe Bowl for the perennially bell-rung Alex Hornibrook.

Wonder where Coan ends up.

Thought it strange last night Wolf came in over Coan unless Coan still can't play. Hope Mertz steps up his game next year because he sure struggled a lot this year.

Good for Coan that he can transfer, and likely play immediately next year. He's a decent QB and deserves to play. He probably would not play much for UW next year, and really, the Badgers have decent depth at the position - likely 5 guys in the QB room next season. Some transfers I don't understand and don't really agree with, but this one makes a ton of sense.

Thanks for an excellent 2019 season Jack, and best wishes for the future!

I had a hunch this could happen. Either he or Mertz weren't going to be there next fall.

Coan finds a home in South Bend.

Don't the Badgers open against the Irish in Solider Field next season?

Yup, Bucky and the Irish at Soldier field next year. It'd be interesting to see Coan play against his old team though I don't know enough about the Irish's roster to know if he'd be among the top-2.

Yup, Bucky and the Irish at Soldier field next year. It'd be interesting to see Coan play against his old team though I don't know enough about the Irish's roster to know if he'd be among the top-2.
I was looking at the depth chart and there is not much behind Book. I think they have 2 other transfers coming in

Oh well it was either him or Mertz leaving and UW wants Mertz more.

Back