It'll cost more for season tickets for Wisconsin volleyball, women's hockey in 2022

At 99% of schools it is, including Minnesota and Michigan and ND
Yeah and it will likely alwasy will be seems it will always be a Canadian sport then an American sport

Yeah and it will likely alwasy will be seems it will always be a Canadian sport then an American sport
At the college level yes not the pro level. Tampa has sold out like 200+ consecutive games, on the NCAA level UW averaged 10,000 per game just a couple of years ago. It’s a niche sport in many markets that draw well. As to a full national footprint, probably accurate

I think had Chicago not blocked a NHL team to MKE the sport could have been big in WI

I think had Chicago not blocked a NHL team to MKE the sport could have been big in WI
Would not have helped UW attendance. When they won they were consistently top 5 nationally in attendance. Big ? Not sure. Your asking a small market to pay up for a 3rd local team and that’s not a given.

Would not have helped UW attendance. When they won they were consistently top 5 nationally in attendance. Big ? Not sure. Your asking a small market to pay up for a 3rd local team and that’s not a given.
Well it seems NHL team was a lock for WI until the Chicago owner made NHL put a large expansion fee in place that they new the Pettits could not afford

Well it seems NHL team was a lock for WI until the Chicago owner made NHL put a large expansion fee in place that they new the Pettits could not afford
Probably but would it have “sold” in Milwaukee? Not sure. Yeah the admirals drew well but it’s at a much different cost to the fan.

A lot of people don't realize that there was a rub between Lloyd Pettit and Wirtz. I knew about it because I knew Wirtz, and would take him home from a local watering hole several times a year, when I was a cop. I won't go into the story, but let's say it landed our department four seats in the high rent district as season tickets. We'd split it up, allowing guys to go to games on nights off.

In return? Guys on the force would pick him up and take him home, if he had too much to drink, since he lived nearby. It saved him from getting unneeded tickets, and us from having to book him for DUI when he got a snoot full.

Pettit quit the Blackhawks broadcasts when he disagreed with the announcing partners he was teamed with. Wirtz wanted him to stay, but when it didn't work out, was bitter that Pettit was gone. There was no way he was going to make it in the slightest bit easy for Pettit to put a team on the ice in Milwaukee, or for that matter, anywhere, if he had his way.

Wirtz knew how to carry a grudge. He wasn't as financially well off as people thought. If the Hawks didn't make money each year, it got touchy as to how they handled costs the next.

Back