It IS Jordan Love Time !!

Reading this article I am thinking Love's new deal will fall inbetween Hurts and Burrows deal.

I would guess something like 5 years $265 million with $200 in overall guaranteed money and $135 fully guaranteed.

While it would not make Love the highest paid QB would for the moment put him into the top 5 paid QBs.

I would hope both sides would be willing to do something like this because If Tua, Lawrence, Dak get deals done before Love it will likely just make it cost even more to get a deal done or make GB in the camp were they make Love go thru another prove it year and then if Love has another good year franchise tag him and then pay thru the nose for a new deal.

See report out Miami QB Tua Tagovailoa has skipped off-season voluntary OTA while seeking a new contract as he plays on 5th year deal. Give Jordan Love credit for not doing this as he could try doing the same thing playing in last year of a underpaid deal. Shows me that Love does not want to cause any distractions and knows at some point GB is going to pay him.

See report out Miami QB Tua Tagovailoa has skipped off-season voluntary OTA while seeking a new contract as he plays on 5th year deal. Give Jordan Love credit for not doing this as he could try doing the same thing playing in last year of a underpaid deal. Shows me that Love does not want to cause any distractions and knows at some point GB is going to pay him.
Or, if they don't close a deal sooner, he might just decide that he's going to test the free agency waters, and go to the highest bidder, because they weren't willing to show him they respected what he can do.

It's a slippery slope either way.

Or, if they don't close a deal sooner, he might just decide that he's going to test the free agency waters, and go to the highest bidder, because they weren't willing to show him they respected what he can do.

Packers have two years of franchise tags to use on him also. He knows this and he knows GB has nothing behind him. Right now it's just working off Goff contract and figuring out how to make the cap numbers work. Goff got a record $73 million signing bonus. GB loves to make close to all if not all of the guaranted money they pay out in a signing bonus. With Love likely getting $130-150 in fully guaranteed money my guess GB is working out a very large signing bonus and guaranteed roster bonus payments in the first 2-3 years of the contract. I think when all said and done Love will probably gone in just a little north of what Burrow ended up getting.

Are you talking about Jordan Love doing this? Or Tua?

which is pretty much what gute did with davante adams not too long ago.

which is pretty much what gute did with davante adams not too long ago.
I think WR is different then QB. Easier to replace a WR then a QB. Also GB did offer a contract to Adams. But Adams I think did not want to stay in GB post Rodgers because he did not know what kind of QB Love would be and wanted to be closer to his family and BFF in Carr.

On a contract for Love, based on the escalating franchise tag issue for a QB in 2025, it's going to be in the $50 mill range, and possibly $55 mill in 2026. If the Packers even contemplating going that way, they'd end up needing to put about $60 to $65 mill in the bank for each season to get Love under contract. I know darned well, if he's doing well, he's going to be asking more with each step. I'd imagine, at this point, he's going to be wanting upward from $55 mill and escalations every year for the term of a 5 year deal, maybe for 4. But it will also more than likely include almost every nickel guaranteed, and incentive bonuses to go with it.

In my opinion, they should be gambling that he's going to be fine, and work a deal now, so they can save themselves money over the term of the contract.

But that's just my opinion. It's also not something I would normally suggest, but Love looks like the real deal to me. Everything, including his personality, and approach to community, tells me he's got what it takes to be what they need.

Back