Interesting Article RE: How Packers drops are affecting the Pack and Rodgers

Keg Man

Reaction score
I realize the article is focused on Rodgers and the MVP. But if Rodgers was that more effective, the Pack would probably be better than 9-3.

I read last week that during his career Rodgers has only thrown 2 passes to first round draft picks.

Aaron Rodgers’ 2020 resurgence would be even more impressive if not for drops (msn.com)

I know we have lots of holes on the defense, but if our offense was stronger maybe we would be covering them up and giving me that 28 point cushion I so long for in the mid 4th.

Rodgers has only thrown 2 passes to first round draft picks
that is an incredible stat. and almost unbelievable until you consider the fact that jordy nelson was selected near the top of the second round of the 2008 draft. there were no wide receivers taken in the first round, and the packers traded out of the 30th pick of the first round and took jordy with pick number 36 overall. the two wide receivers selected ahead of him never amounted to much.

I realize the article is focused on Rodgers and the MVP. But if Rodgers was that more effective, the Pack would probably be better than 9-3.

I read last week that during his career Rodgers has only thrown 2 passes to first round draft picks.

Aaron Rodgers’ 2020 resurgence would be even more impressive if not for drops (msn.com)

I know we have lots of holes on the defense, but if our offense was stronger maybe we would be covering them up and giving me that 28 point cushion I so long for in the mid 4th.
Not sure if they would be better then 9-3. All the loses team was pretty bad in all 3 of those games. Only game you question it might have gone different is Indy if MVS does not fumble the ball.

Not sure if they would be better then 9-3. All the loses team was pretty bad in all 3 of those games. Only game you question it might have gone different is Indy if MVS does not fumble the ball.
i believe it could have made a difference in the loss to the vikings as well. adams caught all three td passes in that game and other than adams no other wide receiver caught more than one pass.

These stats confirm what I've been saying right along about Rodgers level of play.

The no first round pick WR thing is so overblown. WR's taken in the first had a fairly high bust rate for while, and unless you were picking top 5 (Julio Jones, AJ Green. Calvin Johnson territory), it's been considered iffy for a long time. He has had the benefit of playing with some outstanding WR who happened to be taken in the 2nd round, and he really has nothing to complain about there.

Frankly I think the number of Rd 1-2 OL he's played with is more jaw dropping. Bulaga, Spriggs, Jenkins, that's it. Sherrod was drafted but was a bust in the making despite the injury.

Frankly I think the number of Rd 1-2 OL he's played with is more jaw dropping. Bulaga, Spriggs, Jenkins, that's it. Sherrod was drafted but was a bust in the making despite the injury.
spriggs and sherrod. two peas in a pod.

Back