Hundley's Trade Value

Like this idea a lot. Two teams jump out right now for that deal- Jets and Ravens.
All of this is moot until Hundley gets some tape to study. Last year was very unfortunate for Hundley AND the Pack. Missing almost all of preseason was a killer. MM has a good reputation for QB development (CBA took away his QB clinic) and Hundley seems to have improved by leaps and bounds. IF he shines this preseason look for TT to make a signature farewell deal.
One caveat- this is a tough year in recent history to try to deal a QB, the rookie crop is fairly deep. The upside to Hundley is, hopefully, development stage is over and he's ready to go.

as good as the class it isn't for sure your guy falls to you unless your picking #1 (the jets could be that bad). Hundley just turned 24. With a few years under his belt I could see a team going for him. Idk about the ravens but I like your idea of the jets. I don't know their cap but IF this went down I could be a win for both teams. Hundley and cobb are both upgrades for them. (hacklenberg couldn't even break huddle yesterday haha) Add that they will still be picking in the top 10 next year and they have some guys to work with. For us that nets us a top 50 pick and frees up Cobbs money. He have some tough cuts at wr and moving cobb would help that.

wishful thinking but would be an awesome move

The thought of the Jets would be that they could invest their first (top 5) pick to an impact player and their second round pick lands two starters and provides critical upgrade at premium positions.
With Jordy taking more snaps from the slot the Pack needs outside WRs and with Cobb's contract? Well it just all fits rather well. But- that's why it probably won't happen. Would be sweet though. Plus, it gives Hundley a friendly face to jump start his new job as Jets QB.

Trade him and Cobb for an immediate impact d player at either ILB, CB or DL

ilb is a dying position - just like fullback. if we're going for an impact player, i'd like it to be an olb. we are so thin at that position, it's scary. matthews, perry and ??? 15 linebackers in camp and nobody has stood out so far. i had hoped that elliott would have grabbed this opportunity and run with it, but he's been virtually invisible. hopefully we see something in preseason games that hasn't shown up in practice.

Trade him and Cobb for an immediate impact d player at either ILB, CB or DL

You could get nothing for either of these guys right now. Hundley has show zero at QB since he has been hurt the last 2 years in TC and Cobb looks to be guy who is not close to his contract value. No one will want to pay him 12 million this year and next year. To think to get a impact player for these two is not even close.

You will need Hundley to have a great camp this year to trade him before the draft next year and maybe get a 3rd rounder for him. Right now with little he has played the past 2 years in TC you would be hard pressed to get the 5th rounder you have invested in him back. Plus you need to find another backup QB. IMO Callahan is NOT a NFL caliber QB.

Agree GBP what has Hundley done for the Packers lately. One good preseason does not make a valuable QB. These preseason games coming up will make him or break him in my opinion. If he lives up to his first preseason his value will spike (maybe a 4th round pick in a trade) and if he doesn't show improvement there won't be a trade and the Packers won't need him either and time to start with a new recruit.

Hard to say what he will be worth. Hundley understands he is not the heir apparent and will want to move on. He will be showcased this preseason, that is for sure! Teams around the league know he has talent. He was injured last preseason so any 2015 preseason hype was cooled. From what I know of Hundley listening to him in interviews, expect to see a young QB with desire wanting his chance to start next year somewhere and putting it all on the line this preseason. I believe he does and do not think a trade for a 2nd round pick is out of the question. (Hopefully to the Browns so it's a top 10 2nd round pick, lol!)

Last edited:
Back